?s on installing a S/C to a '94 N/A 3800 Regal

greyT

Has anyone installed a supercharger onto a '94 N/A 3800 regal? I have just come across a '94 S/C Olds 98 in a boneyard and was looking to install the parts onto my daily driver Regal. However, I have a few questions.

Is the power steering pump the same between the 2 engines? They are at different locations and the reservoir on the S/C version is above the TB cable bracket.

An extra belt and pulley are added for the alternator and power steering pump. If anyone has done this conversion, is there space for this extra belt? My initial estimate is that it may be extremely tight (this may be why it was never offered on this model year Regal).

Are there any additional sensors for the S/C version such as a MAP sensor? The PCMs are the same so I would expect the wiring harness connections to be the same (or is this a false assumption). I can burn and change the chip for a S/C motor.

If anyone has tried this conversion or has any further suggestions, I would like to know. Before I spend the money on the components, I would like to know if it is possible or even worth trying.

Are there any other web sites or forums dedicated to the S/C 3800 that may answer some of these questions?

Thanks,
Don

tough switch

That's it, a situation where you had better have the complete donor car to make your swapping life bearable. Buy the whole car from the salvage yard, then.. have fun!