??'s in subs in a TTA

1badTTA

Resident Smart A$$
OK, I have thought about putting some subs in my TTA and decided that if I do it, they have to be removable (for the track) and sound VERY clean. I currently have a Clarion head unit and Kove audio 4x6's and 6x9's in the stock locations powered be the head unit. It sounds really good, but lacks the bass required to sound Great. I don't want to go crazy and redo anything I have, I just want to add some bass and need suggestions from the experts. Basically I want a box and amp that would match what I already have.

my old system in the TR was one 12" MTX 6000 (500w) and a 400w Pioneer amp. It gave nice tight bass, fairly cheap, and sounded clean. Just my .02

Best economical way to get bass in a 3rd gen fbody is to do an infinate baffle setup. Cut a piece of wood to cover the back storage area. Install the woofers in the baffle board. Amps can be installed underneath. You can also utilize the shelf on either side inside the storage area. because the air space is vastly reduced the most you could run is probably 1 10". Doing it this way looks more factory and you can still store the t-tops with the factory brackets.

Thanks, that was about what I was thinking, easy to do and pretty cheap too. I keep hearing that baffle boards don't sound good, but I am not looking for the most bass, just a balanced system.

Cut the wood as close to the plastic as possible. Cover the top in matching tan carpeting and it will look factory. Actually, some earlier 3rd gens had a folding cover back there. Also, be sure to put carpeting all the way around the edges. The tighter seal you can get against the plastic the better bass response you will get. In addition to being a good cubby hole for your amps it is also much lighter than a box and easily removed.

why dont u pick up an infinity basslink? they have pretty good output and with the fbody that hatch is going to act like a horn and amplify it anyway (i know because i had a 92 firebird with 2 12's and it POUNDED) im sure the basslink would have the bass you desire and its easliy removed. somewhere around 300 bucks but remember that includes the 200 watt rms amp. all you need then is about 50 bucks in wires and rca's. if i had a tta its prolly what id do...