RX7 guys,how did you mount your motor in the body?

sixgun86gn

six offender
I looked around on the net and did not find swap kits for the 3.8 into the rx7.

I am soon to be starting on a hybrid for a friend and I need to know where or what to get to mount the motor in the body correctly.Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If you run stock headers you have to move the steering rack forward. If you ran ATR headers you can keep in the stock location; however clerance between the crank pulley spacer and steering rack is tight.

email me for some pics of the Kmember I made for some ideas. As far as I know there are no kits. I just sold my entire setup to do the transplant into an FC ('86-91) RX-7. It was time consuming but definately a ton of fun when it was finished. Mid 11's on Nitto DR's with a stock GN turbo 2nd time out.

What year RX-7 are you planning to build?

The biggest drawback with the swap is the limited gearing out back with either 3:90 or 4:10's in the stock diff. Mike (MisRed) and Scottie GNZ installed C4 Vette pumpkins out back that use the stock Turbo2 halfshafts.... The C4 3:07 gears yielded 30mpg on a long road trip and mid/high 10's!

2800lb GN powered conversions rip. It will be a fun car.

-Mark

Thanks guys.Well the kid decided against it after figuring up the cost of a motor and all the parts he did not have.So i guess I will not be doing this swap.

He has decided on a 350 chevy instead,due to cost.

If you run stock headers you have to move the steering rack forward. If you ran ATR headers you can keep in the stock location; however clerance between the crank pulley spacer and steering rack is tight.

email me for some pics of the Kmember I made for some ideas. As far as I know there are no kits. I just sold my entire setup to do the transplant into an FC ('86-91) RX-7. It was time consuming but definately a ton of fun when it was finished. Mid 11's on Nitto DR's with a stock GN turbo 2nd time out.

What year RX-7 are you planning to build?

The biggest drawback with the swap is the limited gearing out back with either 3:90 or 4:10's in the stock diff. Mike (MisRed) and Scottie GNZ installed C4 Vette pumpkins out back that use the stock Turbo2 halfshafts.... The C4 3:07 gears yielded 30mpg on a long road trip and mid/high 10's!

2800lb GN powered conversions rip. It will be a fun car.

-Mark
hello mark,
I know this is an old post,but I just bought all the stuff from vincent ,the guy you sold your conversion stuff too, would you happen to have pictures of your build so I can see where your parts go,and use them for reference on mine,any help on any of this would be appreciated
thanks Brian