Rushforth 18's on the GN

Paul69camaro

Hey guys, as some of you know, I've been trying to finish up my brother's car. Well, after looking at a million wheels I decided on the Rushforth Rated X's with the brushed centers. I'm a big fan of the pro-touring style but was worried about looking ghetto so I decided on 18X8's up front with a 245 tire and 18X9 rears since I plan on lowering it even more. WHat do you guys think?

Attachments

• GN Drivers.jpg
    GN Drivers.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 951
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 864
  • GN.jpg
    GN.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 938
  • Wheels2.jpg
    Wheels2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 823
It's different.........:biggrin:

I think I like em. Might have to grow on ya but yes looks good.

I am pretty picky when it comes to wheels on a GN, but those look great! Very nice choice on such a clean car!

Hey guys, as some of you know, I've been trying to finish up my brother's car. Well, after looking at a million wheels I decided on the Rushforth Rated X's with the brushed centers. I'm a big fan of the pro-touring style but was worried about looking ghetto so I decided on 18X8's up front with a 245 tire and 18X9 rears since I plan on lowering it even more. WHat do you guys think?
wheels look nice,but what is the ghetto look?

The fronts are 245/40/18 and the rears are 275/35/18, Nitto NT05's on all corners. If you want to get pricing you can get it off this website Driverz Inc
I went direct to Rushforth since the price was the same and he provides excellent customer service

Looking ghetto....on 18's??

I mean, I guess that's possible.......if it's the early1990's when 18's were considered huge!:biggrin:

Those wheels you got there are sexier than Donna D'Errico jumping out of that cake in Under Siege!!!
and they're different! You made a really nice choice, i like those!!

as for that thread you posted...I see a bunch of nice ass looking whips...a few wack ones, but im digging alot of those

Rushforth wheels can make any car look good, its beautiful. Quality is always worth it.
Mike

Looking ghetto....on 18's??

I mean, I guess that's possible.......if it's the early1990's when 18's were considered huge!:biggrin:

That's why I went with 18's because I was originally thinking about 19's and 20's. I'm not a big fan of the "donk" look and wanted a clean looking car that wouldn't have that style. Everyone has their taste and styles and I'm not knocking any of them. This is why we modify our cars, to make them different. Lowered GN's also can't fit very tall tires and I remember blowing out tires every few months when I had 19's and extremly low profile tires on my Audi. Don't want to deal with that again.

Also for everyone that has been asking, I would go with the following on a stock suspension and brakes car:
Fronts: 18X8's with a 4.75" backspace with 245/40/18 Nitto NT05's
Rears: 18X9's with 4.75" backspace with 275/35/18 Nitto NT05's

I've been planning to go to the ATS spindle with C6 Z06 brakes and that pushes the track width out about .25 inches, this is why I have a 5" backspace on the front. Note that currently it is on the stock setup and I'm using a .25" spacer on the fronts until I install the brakes.

They front's barely rub on full lock, think it is on the sway bar but it's barely anything so I'm not worried about it. The rears are perfect for MY car but every car is a bit different, I know that some people fit wider wheels and tires but mine wouldn't without some work.

Thanks again for all the compliments

Paul

The wheels don't look ghetto but the houses do.

J/K. I can't afford stone. I think the rims are a little above average but when on your car they are REALLY nice. Your car makes them better:biggrin: Good choice.

It's the first time I ever hear of Rushforth's, but I think they look great on your GN!

good choice!:wink:

Claude.

Appreciate all the compliments guys, I've gotta give credit to Jason Rushforth! I know a lot of people on this forum don't like the pro-touring style and therefore haven't hear of Rushforth wheels but let me tell you guys, Jason has got his **** together. Excellent customer service, he replys to emails within 15 minutes and always answers the phone! That's just unheard of now days, not to mention the quality of the wheels is amazing. Now I just need to get the ATS spindles and Z06 brakes!
Paul

Tony,
My car hasn't had the fenders rolled and I plan on going lower so I couldn't fit a 10". Plus I have seen a lot of cars that run a 285 on a 10" wheel to avoid rubbing but I don't really like the look, I like the tire to be wider than the wheel. Since each car is different it's hard to say but rolling the fenders on a dropped car, you could probably clear 9.5 or even 10 inch wide wheel.