running like poo poo again

motordoctor40

well i parked my rive for a few days while i was replacing the head liner and now its running lik crap again i put in a new air filter just befor i parked it and aired off the mass air flow ill have to check it out more tomarrow im bummed out man

need some help

car is blowing out black smoke and not making power runing way rich when i get on it im about to just sell this thing

mass air flow

the reading im getting is around 9 o2s are working ok they are high at wot at 91 mass air goes up to 188 190 at wot

motordoctor40 said:
the reading im getting is around 9 o2s are working ok they are high at wot at 91 mass air goes up to 188 190 at wot
Do you have the screens installed? Sounds like a bad MAF signal "if" it was running fine before. ingeneral terms, you should see around 250 WOT. Verify the connections at the MAF, ECM. Make sure your filter is not in the air stream of the radiator fan.

ok here are some idle values
o2 .17 to 70 jump around alot
o2 cross counts 2 to 10 moving around
tps voltage .37
maf 7 to 8
blm 090
iac 000
lv8 056
int 115 to 124
has a miss i cant find tried new coil pack new wires and plugs

surges when you drive it

Take a look at what your values should be: http://www.gnttype.org/maint/quickref.html

Your IAC is low? I would reset that IAC and then you will have to make sure the TPS is still adjusted good. Like Jerryl said the MAF counts are low at WOT. You didn't do any damage to that when you blowed it out? If you could find someone close by to swap MAF's with and see if that helps? Sometimes you can find them cheap on the board, good to have a spare. What are you plugs gapped at? .035? What wires? You ran your plug wires so they aren't touching anything hot, I have melted two wires before? Check it out at night see if you see any arching while the car is running. These cars are a :mad:

-Nick.

motordoctor40 said:
yes the plugs are gaped at 45 and im running a set of accel spirial core 8mm wires
Are your plugs gapped at .045 or .035, because if they are at .045 that could be part of your problem as that is to far. You need to gap them between .032 and .035.

You messed up your MAF sensor.
ther'es no way of cleaning or anything else.
It's pretty sensitive.

well it seams to be running ok again dont know why but it is lol

so ill just drive it a while and see thanks for all the help