running E85 w/91 oct chip

Thinking about doing the same thing. Are you running a modified ecm to drive the bigger injectors?
Depends on what injectors you run. Now days there’s more high impedance options.

High impedance injectors NO ECM modding. 80#’s, 95#’s, 125#’s etc.

Low impedance injectors ECM needs to be modded. 120#’s.

Depends on what injectors you run. Now days there’s more high impedance options.

High impedance injectors NO ECM modding. 80#’s, 95#’s, 125#’s etc.

Low impedance injectors ECM needs to be modded. 120#’s.
Good to know. I got everything else accept injectors and e85 chip.

Got the chip installed and the tank topped up with E85. First impression is that the turbo is much more responsive than before...and that's saying something since it wasn't a slouch to begin with. It's nearly 10 degrees here, but even at this temp...startup went well with some stumble initially until the remaining gas was run through the lines. I left the fuel pressure at 43psi, but Eric does mention in the instructions that you may want to lower the FP to 38 if your injectors are larger than 120lbs. BLMs are close enough to 128 from what I see in monitoring mode, but will keep an eye on it. I didn't go WOT yet, but got into it a couple times maybe 1/2 throttle or so and can tell it wants to just kill the tires, so it's going to be a handful. The peace of mind that it won't rattle itself to death makes it all worth while.

Also keep in mind since you seem to be in a cooler/cold climate like me. 85 cam take a bit more cranking when colder to fire.

Also if you're getting your 85 from the pump, buy a tester to check the percentage of 85. I have a go-to station here that is regularly 80-85% but have been to other stations that have varied in the 70's. Just add water & corn.

Do you all notice an increase in water/condensation dripping out of the exhaust? I know it's winter and all, but it seems excessive compared to gasoline. Also have noticed that it's burning ALOT cleaner. Idling in the shop would blast your eyes on gasoline...now it's not even bothersome at all and has a neat burnt wood smell to it...like hickory or BBQ.

Do you all notice an increase in water/condensation dripping out of the exhaust? I know it's winter and all, but it seems excessive compared to gasoline. Also have noticed that it's burning ALOT cleaner. Idling in the shop would blast your eyes on gasoline...now it's not even bothersome at all and has a neat burnt wood smell to it...like hickory or BBQ.
Mine smells like Burger King french fries lol

Mine smells like Burger King french fries lol

I’ve heard it smells like chocolate popcorn.