Rubber hose size for return line at tank

OneQuikSix

I just want someone to confirm the size of the rubber factory return hose sitting atop the factory fuel tank. I believe it is 5/16" but I'm not sure. I always get the return line and the vapor line mixed up.

Thanks.

feed 3/8 ( two hose clamps at all connections )
return 1/4 (one hose clamp at all connections )
vent 5/16 (one spring clamp at all connections )

Since I'll be running an -6AN return line from the regulator to the tank, is there any reason why I couldn't connect it to the slightly larger 5/16" vapor line instead of the 1/4" return line?

if you were looking for that pic for ages you wasted some time since i just made it yesteday from a pic i took last week :0

yes theres a reason not to run the return to the vent, guys who have mixed them up find their fuel pressure over 60psi at idle and cant turn it down

the vent valve isnt open where it goes into the tsnk , it has spring loaded a poppet valve there to help prevent fuel from running
and its not tubed down so it creates pressure as the fuel is sprayed into the tank

the return runs down to the bottom of the tank and that tube is what the pump and level sender is mounted to

eliminating about 10ft of 1/4 line improves the return side flow ,
rather than run all -6 to the tank ive run the -6 to the old 3/8 line at the frame by the engine and then reduce the 3/8 line at the hanger to 5/16 to the return tube and had no problems

Awesome! So now I only need to figure out how to go from -6AN fuel hose end to 1/4" rubber hose. Now if I can only find some adapters...

Thanks again for the great pictures.

or do like this poster did
with compression to an adapters

now he did the hard way but there are -6an to tube compression for 5/16 which allows you to use a short peice of 5/16 tube and then use 1/4 rubber fuel line to splice to the hanger
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EAR-165056ERL/

doing a weld on -6 bung would be easier

Let me make sure I understand this. Transition from the -6AN hose end from the regulator to the 1/4" return line by using the 165056ERL fitting and a short piece of stainless line. You are saying the 5/16" stainless tubing will fit inside the 1/4" rubber fuel hose?

yes on the 1/4 rubber hose

i was trying to find what the poster had done in compression

near as i can tell
Earl's Performance 981606ERL - Earl's Performance AN to NPT Adapter Fittings - Overview - SummitRacing.com

and this from discounthydraulichose.com
366-04-04 its a 1/4 compression to 1/4 nptf (female) $1.32
Brass Compression x Female Pipe

well since your at discount scratch the earl fitting and go through them , the earls is $3 and discounts is 46 cents in steel

http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/JIC_37_x_Male_Pipe_Steel_p/2404.htm
2404-06-04 3/8 jic - 1/4 npt fitting

that should get it done and no rubber hose , but youll have to cut back the return flare down at the hanger

That site is amazing. Ok, how does this sound for sanity and simplicity...-6AN braided hose from regulator to -6AN/1/4"NPT fitting (2404-06-04 3/8 jic - 1/4 npt fitting), to a 1/4"NPT female/1/4" hose barb fitting (104-0404C).

This way I don't have to drop the tank, modify the original hanger, or mess around with extra tubing etc...