Royal Pontiac Invitational at Milan Oct 13

sailbrd

Fun event that you should not miss. Saturday morning, track opens at 9 AM trophies around 1 PM. $45 to race $10 spectators kids under 12 free. Will have tree brackets. This is a nice low key event. Had some complaints last meet about GN's not showing up much any more. Need to make these Pontiac guys eat there words.

Is the track going to be sprayed? If so I might make it out, that is if I don't break it at M12....LOL

Scott

Scott
I will try and find out. I know the last time I was there it was good off the line but I don't know how far down the track they go. I watched a fast Mustang in front of me pull the front so hard that it hit the bumper and lifted the whole car off the ground. A first for me seeing something like that.

Hope you do well at Stanton. I know Larry is kind of bummed not going and I can't afford it this year.

Try and talk Brad into bringing his down. He keeps telling us how fast it is. Time to show us.

OOP's Sorry wrong Scott,
Probably wondering who the heck Brad and Larry are:confused:

Still hope you can make it to Milan. Look for GSX.

I don't know how to get him out to the track. When I had my car I teased him about kicking his butt with my stock motor, but that still didn't get him out. I don't think he'd push it very hard anyhow. Its just to nice.

Well I wouldn't be making the rental. I broke the driverside axle at M12:frown: . Atleast I have all winter to fix it.....LOL

Scott

Pontiac meet

Fun event that you should not miss. Saturday morning, track opens at 9 AM trophies around 1 PM. $45 to race $10 spectators kids under 12 free. Will have tree brackets. This is a nice low key event. Had some complaints last meet about GN's not showing up much any more. Need to make these Pontiac guys eat there words.

Last year I was there and think there was only about 3 of us with Turbo cars. I just wish they would of allowed more test and tune runs. There was a very cool non turbo car, a green 70-72 style Skylark or GS with green wheels and dog dish hubcaps. Upon looking a little closer the car had centerlines painted green and modified for the dog dish hubcaps. Very cool. Just hope I can have my car ready in time to make it.

Just a little update. We had a good time. Only turbo was Turbo Dave and he ran high 9's. I dialed in at 12.90 becuase I was not hooking up all morning, hooked on my first bracket run, lifted early becuase I knew I was in trouble, turned a 12.899 on a .02 reaction time. All the Buicks seemed to suddenly run faster when the race started. Pontiac guys must have paid off the timers :biggrin:

Would that have been Dave Roland, glad to see he got the car to run 9's again. We had planned on going but had a local gathering of our car club here in the Grand Rapids Area and I opted for that instead, next year.