Roller Rocker Problem

GWHIZZER

Hi, Guys(or Gals),
I hope there's one of you out there that might be able to point us in the right direction. As background, I have a stage 1 block with all the good stuff that wiped a flat-tappet cam lobe after 200 miles or so, even after being kinda anal in the prep. So,o,o, I went with a roller kit from Fullthrottle.
-Fired it up today, and none of the lifters want to pump up. We've adjusted lash several times, all the way back to 0. -Got good oil pressure, still sounds
like a thrashing machine. Pulled a pushrod (sent with the kit), has 0855 stamped on it. We assume 8.55". Sound right? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (-And I did do an archive search-couldn't find anything similar)

Gwhizzer

Cam ?

What was done to get oil to the drivers side? If it is an astempered cam (with no groove in front journal) and a stage block which DOES NOT have a groove behind the front cam bearing, something must be done to supply oil to driver side. That does not explain why the pass. side doesn't oil.

Thanks

Lee,
Thanks for your input. You may be right about the cam being an austempered
one. I don't know. But a least we've now got some kind of a idea.
Gwhizzer

Did you check to see if you had oil at the top of the engine by priming it with a drill? How about with your last cam.

Kinda off topic but you didn't just stick the kit pushrods in without measuring did you?

Which lifters did you opt for? I have the morels and I just got my car running tonight. Im running a 210/215 roller with the morels. I set the preload to .030 and am using stock rockers and adjustable pushrods from smithbrothers. My car sounds like ass lol. It runs smooth but the exhaust sounds very strange and the lifters havent shut up after an 30 mins idleing and a quick 2 mile trip down the road.