roller cam gear question

If it is a billet roller, your gear can wear down to a knife edge, it may also wear your billit cam gear down to a shape edge or further. I went to a poly gear on the sensor and never had a problem after that.

Austemper I have no experience with but I do not know of any problems?????

Buy a poly cam sensor gear and go with it.

Thanks
Bill

Yes it is a billet cam.I forgot to mention that.How long would it take to start wearing the gears?I don't drive it much.Thanks,Troy.

It seems like it took a little while to show up as a problem, but if you can do the cam sensor gear right away then you will not have to change both gears later.

You will be better off the sooner you can change it.

Thanks
Bill

gear wear

You can also solve this problem by shooting oil on the gears, where they mesh.

Lee is right also, you can make a tube to come off the brass block and run it into your timing cover above the gears to help lubricate.

I preferred the non visable way by changing the gear, which happens to be the more expensive way compared to Lee's option.

I got my gear thru Kip at Excessive Acceleration, but I think TA performance may sell them to.

Thanks
Bill

Lee is right also, you can make a tube to come off the brass block and run it into your timing cover above the gears to help lubricate.

I preferred the non visable way by changing the gear, which happens to be the more expensive way compared to Lee's option....Thanks......Bill

There is another way to accomplish non-visable lubrication for the gears, and that is to drill 2 small holes in each oil galley plug to spray oil on the gears as well as the chain. :)

Thanks for the replies.I might call Weber Racing.I have the box for the cam and it has their name on it.