Roller Cam and Value

LM1999

Does converting over to a mild roller cam set-up (206/206) hurt the value of these cars? I understand that the rollers are better with todays motor oils. But $800+ for a kit can buy alot of zinc oil additives. Is the drivability that much better with a roller set-up?

I have zero issues with my 206 roller. I have a 2800 stall and thee is no lag or low end power problem issues with this cam. You cant go wrong with it.

Does converting over to a mild roller cam set-up (206/206) hurt the value of these cars? I understand that the rollers are better with todays motor oils. But $800+ for a kit can buy alot of zinc oil additives. Is the drivability that much better with a roller set-up?

Why do you want to change the cam? :confused: If the motor is running ok leave it alone. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Value Factor

For a street car, is the conversion to roller worth it? Are the drivability and performance increase worth the expense for this change? Currently, the car has 60K miles and I would like to change the stock valve springs, stock timing gear and add Razors alky kit. While, making these changes, do I pull the heads and get a performance valve job with pocket porting, add a mild hydraulic cam and super servo for the stock 200r4. Or just bit the bullit and go roller?
For me max performance level would 11.5 sec in the 1/4 where you need a roll bar. Other things are in place except stock injectors, stock turbo and down pipe, stock IC. XP pump, hotwired harness, scanmaster, adj actuator, adj fpr, older Kirban ram air kit, hi flo cat, 2.5in GNX style exhaust, new shocks and springs, new full body bushings, full body braces for t-top car, drive shaft loop, reds 93 chip etc.
Don't want to make a mistake and do things twice. Any input is appreciated. Car is a summer cruiser that may see 5K miles a year. So if I have to continue adding zpps per oil change who cares.
Leo

Your car assuming the motor is healthy will go 11.5 with the stock heads and cam and the supporting boltons, upgrading these will make it easier, But they are NOT a must for mid 11's. Also there are no downsides to the 206/206 roller cam.