roll cage paint

karolko

I was wondering if you guys could chime in and let me know how and what materials/brand of paint you used to paint your roll cages.

Did you use roll on or spray paint?

My goal is to have the bars painted as close to the factory grey interior panels so it does not stand out too bad. Guys with grey bars, which paint did you use???

Has anyone used that hammertone finish???

Thanks for the help

Adrian

Who makes the Hammertone, and i presume it is roll on paint. Also what type of brush did you use.

Adrian

Brush on hammertone, rustoleum. Lay it on thick with a plain ol' 1"-2" wide brush. I'm going through this right now, the hammertone spray on looked horrible, the brush on looks bad ass, I have no idea why the two are so different. I also went with black, which is actually more charcoal/gunmetal gray, the silver looked great but was a little "too silver" for my car (did a test piece in the car) We tried multiple types of paint, colors, and techniques, the rustoleum brush on hammertone worked the best for us.
Disco stu is building/painting the cage, here is a black and white pic, I'll try and get a colored pic a little later.
By the way, anyone looking to get a cage, Disco is the man, he does fantastic work.

Attachments

• cage.jpg
    cage.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 317
TK, looks like someone is getting a little more serious with his GN!?! You are gonna be able to be even more crazier than you already are...with a cage. So...I can't believe my slow car scared you when D stu needed you to help tune it! lol

It wasn't the speed that was scary, it was the tendancy of the car to dart into oncoming traffic on its own will! Glad you got the front end aligned;)

Ill try and get some pics up, but Disco Stu built a cage for my Dads T and used a Rustoleum color called smoke gray. It looks fantastic and is holding up very well.
Rust-Oleum Brands - Stopping Rust is Just the Start

The part number was 7786

Here is a link to a pic of a member here who used the same color. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/safety-equipment/193823-harness-bar-mount-pics.html#post1363893

Your dads car came out nice JD, the gray looked right in that car. I was a little picky about the paint, I went through about $60.00 worth of picking the right paint, ended up using an $11.00 quart of paint to get what I wanted!

Yeah I know that! It made the car a little more exciting when it was slower, LOL! BTW, I got the car aligned but it is n't perfect because the ps a-arm bushing is toasted and I got the SC&C fully adjustable Stage 2 front kit so I will be swapping those out anyhow and then the "REAL" alignment will be done.

It wasn't the speed that was scary, it was the tendancy of the car to dart into oncoming traffic on its own will! Glad you got the front end aligned;)

Yeah I know that! It made the car a little more exciting when it was slower, LOL! BTW, I got the car aligned but it is n't perfect because the ps a-arm bushing is toasted and I got the SC&C fully adjustable Stage 2 front kit so I will be swapping those out anyhow and then the "REAL" alignment will be done