rocker geometry issue

They are alum billet 6061. I had the same problem years ago and had them custom made. Yea been there and done all that!!! Paypal buickv6@hotmail.com and I can ship them on monday for you. Mike
Cool, will do how about pushrods? You must have a few sets in kicking around? Have any length numbers that might work? Maybe 9.4-9.6"?

That's a picture of the stand height tool and I highly recommend you use it to set the proper stand height. Once that is done you need an adjustable pushrod. These rockers have to be set to operate so many turns from bottomed out to properly oil the rocker. Most of the time you run the adjuster all the way counterclockwise, then turn it in 1-1.5 full rounds clockwise. Now set the adjustable pushrod to get the proper valve lash. Take this pushrod to a machine shop and have it measured so you can order the correct length.

Thanks Dusty, but I'm limited to pushrod hole size, so I will have to run the adjusters all the way to the bottom almost, to keep the pushrod away from the intake side. I am going to external oil the shafts also in case the rockers won;t get oil in them via pushrod hole.

I used a air blower and blew through the oil holes to make sure i got flow through the rockers. If you bottom out or back off to much on the adjusters like Dusty said the oil passages may not line up and restrict or block
the oil flow.

Thanks Dusty, but I'm limited to pushrod hole size, so I will have to run the adjusters all the way to the bottom almost, to keep the pushrod away from the intake side. I am going to external oil the shafts also in case the rockers won;t get oil in them via pushrod hole.

Can the pushrod holes not be milled oversize to allow room?

I got the shims installed and this is the end result, with one turn past flush on the bottom of the rocker pushrod length comes in at approx 9.575"
shim rocker.JPG

Ya those shims really did the trick, but now I need 9.575 pushrods which I can;t find too easy at a reasonable price..

You know if you had the right valves you wouldnt have that issue ? I personally dont like that style t&d rocker the bad boys have a steel pedestal like the jesels with a smaller shaft the bearing can be smaller and the rocker is alot stronger ask me how i know lol . Also the jesels are only spash lube there no restrictor on the adjuster .

Really??? I guess me , Fiscus , and Duttweiler all need to step up our valve train!!! Im puttin T&D large single shaft system on my billet heads. Also last I checked all the Hemi boys use the large single shaft system. Just sayin!! Mike

Yes Mike years ago i ran production heads with t&d pedestal rockers with a 13/16 shaft i talked to Larry Torres the owner of tdmach and he said ditch those and get small shaft as the rocker is way stronger its simply common sense ,if a large shaft rocker was so good why would even t&d make a small shaft version there best one . You brought up a good point about the hemi but guess what we aint got no hemi :) and it be tough to make a flat pedestal to use a small shaft rocker on one but i could be wrong .

For what I am doing the big shaft rockers will be fine, this motor is just a test mule before I put something serious together. The valves are stock GM stage 2 valves they can;t be the wrong ones. The valves are sunk in the heads must be the issue.

I set up a few set of rockers on cylinder heads i wouldnt sink the valves to make it work . I think by raising the shaft your moving the rocker more to the exhaust side and should travel towards the intake side and leave a mark right in the middle which is right ,all im saying is i have 4 pair of stage 2 heads the rockers and pedestals can be swapped as-long as the right length valve is used and your right those rockers work with lots of pressure on busch motors at 8grand you can check the bearing as there a few that where defective ,its an easy check .