Rocker Arms?

MichBC3

When looking for some replacement rocker arms, I checked NAPA and Summit. Both list Sealed Power part number ZR947. That can't be it as the pictures show a shaft mounted rocker arm - probably for a Buick I'd guess.

1. Does anyone know the correct Sealed Power part number to order for our TTA valvetrain?

2. Are adjustable roller rocker arms available for our heads? If so, who makes them and what are the part numbers?

Best, Bob

most that run roller rockers use Harland Sharp Harland Sharp, roller rocker arms contact them and they will know what you need. The mounting studs will need to be modified but that is about it...very nice rockers.

I think the OEM replacement Sealed Power Rocker Arm is Part No. R-870

-Scott

Hi Scott - Thanks for the reply. Now that I think about it, Harland Sharp has indeed popped up as a good aftermarket replacement. To insure that I got the right part, I went to the Pontiac dealer today. Though they are discontinued, they were able to locate one pair of stock rockers that I needed at another dealer. So, I'm now good to go. If I ever replace all of my rockers, I will go after a set of the H-S.

I checked the NAPAonline web site and their Sealed Power R-870 rocker description reads right, but the illustration shows a shaft mounted part. Maybe their illustration is just wrong, but right now I've got exactly the right GM part coming to me without any fooling around.

no problem...I have a set of Harland Sharp rollers sitting in my garage waiting to be installed, they are VERY nice.

So what was the GM part number for the rockers?

Scott

Hi Scott - The GM part number is 12332785. It's actually the rocker arm and pedastal. My cost (I don't have a mechanics discount) was about $12 each.

Best, Bob