RJC Racing Exhaust System

Bruce Urie

The Ventures,CCR forever!
Darn, forgot to leave a nice feedback for RJC. Ordered the RJC 409 stainless steel 3" exhaust system for my '87 Grand National recently. Opened the box...WOW:eek: Beautiful!!! Polished end pieces, excellent welds, great fit. Even the muffler is made out of 409 stainless. Jason kept in contact with me all the time they were under construction and let me know when they were shipped out. A miracle they can ship these beautiful pipes via UPS and not get a dent or scratch on them. Boy, are they nice. Jason and his crew are serious, top notch professionals in the Buick field...but extra helpful and nice. Man, these guys know thier stuff. I highly recommend them. Thank you, Jason, for your helpo and support. I just love this exhaust system. Excellent design.

And thank you, Uncle Sam, for giving me back my hard earned money to buy them.:D See you next April 14th.

Bruce '87 Grand National

hello people; What exhaust did you get? Racing exhaust?
IBBY

It's the RJC 3" "304" stainless exhaust. From the cat back to axle...one pipe then to the muffler (also "304" stainless), then with two 3" pipes coming out, one to each side at the quarter panel. Go to their site and read about it. Also, they have a cool video of the sound of it.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Darn, forgot to leave a nice feedback for RJC. Ordered the RJC 409 stainless steel 3" exhaust system for my '87 Grand National recently. Opened the box...WOW:eek: Beautiful!!! Polished end pieces, excellent welds, great fit. Even the muffler is made out of 409 stainless. Jason kept in contact with me all the time they were under construction and let me know when they were shipped out. A miracle they can ship these beautiful pipes via UPS and not get a dent or scratch on them. Boy, are they nice. Jason and his crew are serious, top notch professionals in the Buick field...but extra helpful and nice. Man, these guys know thier stuff. I highly recommend them. Thank you, Jason, for your helpo and support. I just love this exhaust system. Excellent design.

And thank you, Uncle Sam, for giving me back my hard earned money to buy them.:D See you next April 14th.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Damit! I meant to say "304" stainless steel, not "409" stainless. Jeez! Me saying "409" was "prolly" due to I was working on a friend's '63 Chevy Impala 409 earlier that day for most of the day. Guess looking at that "409" all day stuck in my mind. I meant "304" as that's what Jason makes it out of. Real teriffic system.

Too pretty to put on the GN, was almost going to hang it on the living room wall until I saw "that look" from my wife when I mentioned that idea. So, it's on the car.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Bruce, is this the exhaust they claim has no drone to it? let us know how well it works out.

no claim it does i have it as well and my buddy just bought it to he loves no drone period

Bruce, is this the exhaust they claim has no drone to it? let us know how well it works out.

Yeah, that's the one. I'll be glad to let you know how it sounds, but not anytime soon. Just installed it, but now putting in rear springs, and "trying" to replace the fuel lines from the tank to the front connection point. Just finished today putting in both outside window sweeps, ripping out the old door weatherstripping, made new door sound pads, waterproof paper put back on, new locks, POR15ed the lower doors to stop the rust, painted them black, lubed power window tracks, etc., cleaned doors for new weatherstripping only to find that I can't find my tube of 3m black weatherstrip. Sigh.:rolleyes: So, have to make a long trip tomorrow to the auto store to get the adhesive.

Been anxious to start the engine and hear this exhaust. Go to RJC's website and listen to the video they made of this system. Sounds just great.

They said no drone...I believe them. But for me, after 38 years of driving my Vettes with sidepipes:eek:, a drone woundn't bother me at all. I love loud cars anyway. But, I'll let you know how it comes out. Thanks for asking.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Any pics updates or sound clips..? Have you got a chance to run the car and get any performance numbers with it? Im debating in this or a dual 3 inch system with magnaflows like the gn1 system...

Damit! I meant to say "304" stainless steel, not "409" stainless. Jeez! Me saying "409" was "prolly" due to I was working on a friend's '63 Chevy Impala 409 earlier that day for most of the day. Guess looking at that "409" all day stuck in my mind. I meant "304" as that's what Jason makes it out of. Real teriffic system.

Too pretty to put on the GN, was almost going to hang it on the living room wall until I saw "that look" from my wife when I mentioned that idea. So, it's on the car.

Bruce '87 Grand National

409 is a grade of stainless also. Edlebrock uses it for all their mufflers.

:biggrin:

hello people; Bruce Urie so did you get the car started? I like to here your opionins. I've had that exhaust for a while and I like it but the shop that put it on did'nt. As I discribed in other posts about the sound the word I made up is blurbbles.
I like your choices in music.
IBBY

Hey, IB! No, I haven't started it yet. Got the radiator out and various other stuff under the hood apart for replacement/cleaning, etc. If you've had that RJC 3" stystem for a while, you should be enjoying the sound. The RJC posted video of this system is what sold me on it....it sounded badass, gave the GN some "growl" authority. Have you had any problem with the sound? Don't you get a rush when you floor it? It should give you a real nice roar, I guess. Let me know.

For the taste in music, thanks. Been playing rock guitar since 1959. I still play every day. Have switched to Jazz, soft, easy guitar, melodies, relaxing type of music if you will. But still blaze out rock and roll when the feeling overtakes me. And I cut loose on the set of drums I have in the rec room. For when I can't bolt "a" connected to nut "b" when bracket/brace (insert interference name here) to work right.

You said you play guitar but get frustrated? Hey, just keep at it. A guitar is like a woman....loving and sweet one day, a real fighter the next. But playing is all in the "want to learn" mode. It's how bad you want to keep at it and push yourself. If you're like me, you learn by ear, no lessons. If you can't do that....take lessons. Above all, just keep at it till you get it right. Always make sure you are playing on a very good instrument that YOU are comfortable with, something that makes YOU, IBBY, happy. Same as being married to the most wonderful girl in the world, like me, or married to a real witlch (my second wife). Get with a guitar that could be expensive, but you are very satisfiled with the sound, playability, tone, neck feel....it may cost you a fortune, but well worth it. You wouldn't want to spend thousands trying to make a YUGO go fast as opposed to spending thousands to make the Turbo Buick fast. Get my drift?

(I also play most Allman Brothers songs, especially Little Martha, Mountian Jam, Ramblin Man, Blue Sky, You Don't Love Me, and all others. They really make me feel good to play these.)(ah, hell, I play most anything I can by the old bands...not too hard to learn, just a pure love for it. Too bad I'm losing my hearing)

Bruce '87 Grand National

hello people; I have had the RJC exhaust for a while and the sound I here from the driving seat is fine. No problems, not loud. As a matter of fact (as I said somewhere before) there is a RPM and a gear selection where the sound is almost gone. But I did get it for the look. I got sick of seeing those hanging muffs. I like it better this way. Almost stock like but better.
But with the guitar playing I've had a few basic lessons. I got a few as a christmas present witch sucked. There was a girl and her farther and as soon as my half hour was over they would be right on top of me to get out of this little room in the back of a music store. I think I had one more lesson left but never went back. Then I took a few lessons at my high school witch also was no bargain. You had one guy teaching and a small group of students. Maybe 8 to 10 people. Now I just mess around with some books and DVD,CD's. And it's no fault of the guitars I have as I went Koo-Koo for a while and bought a few. less paul,tele,strat but the one I've been playing latley a firebird.
I like the blues and that's where I'am at.
IBBY

hello people; Bruce U. I do have a question to guitar playing. I've been having a problem holding the pick and I'am trying a thumb pick. I was told to try a pick made of bone as they had good luck with it. Any suggestions to how to hold the pick without loosing the position?
IBBY