RJC Power Plate???

Turbo RX-6

Rotary Motors Suck
I have been using the Power Plate ever since they came out and were the next best thing since velcro.... Over the last couple months I have had guys tell me they do nothing but restrict flow and have found improvements by removing them... I have also heard the "leaf blower" demo proves nothing considering the intake valves do not open at the same time.... What do you guys think of this product and do you have any proof it actually works....

I have been using the Power Plate ever since they came out and were the next best thing since velcro.... Over the last couple months I have had guys tell me they do nothing but restrict flow and have found improvements by removing them... I have also heard the "leaf blower" demo proves nothing considering the intake valves do not open at the same time.... What do you guys think of this product and do you have any proof it actually works....

it keeps the back cylinders from getting the most air

It's actually billed as an air distribution plate. It does just that, it equalizes the air to all ports. Jason did major bench testing on the product and it does work.

I used it and I found no downside. People that go real fast have intakes and hats that are tuned to equalize air so they don't need the plate.

Yeah, running flat-out at HIGH power levels, you'd likely notice a slight reduction in HP--BUT the main advantage for most at lesser performance levels (say less than 450 rwhp) is improved air flow/ distribution to prevent front cyls from typically running leaner...

Those HIGH-performers using FAST/ XFI are having individual cyl mixes controlled w/o the "restrictive" PP...

it equalizes the air to all ports. Jason did major bench testing on the product and it does work.

I used it and I found no downside. People that go real fast have intakes and hats that are tuned to equalize air so they don't need the plate.

To me, it's a restriction plate. It may equalize the air going to all cylinders but it does that by restricting the air to some cylinders that get more air, but NOT by letting more air go into the motor!...:( When you look at the plate, it's evident that there can't be more air going through the holes than there would be through an unrestricted plenum!
I used one for a while and didn't notice any difference. I ditched it when I went with a sheet metal intake...:wink:

Claude. :smile:

To me, it's a restriction plate. It may equalize the air going to all cylinders but it does that by restricting the air to some cylinders that get more air, but NOT by letting more air go into the motor!...:( When you look at the plate, it's evident that there can't be more air going through the holes than there would be through an unrestricted plenum!
I used one for a while and didn't notice any difference. I ditched it when I went with a sheet metal intake...:wink:

Claude. :smile:

A 70 mm t-body is more restrictive than the PP. Dave Bamford was running a data logging system on his TSM car . He has a 6 channel EGT logger and before the power plate his egt temps were almost 75 degrees different . With the plate he was within 7 degrees in each cylinder . His et stayed the same, his MPH went up . He was using a stock style intake with a precision upper when he was going 9.40's. Even when he switched to a bowling green intake, he was using an RJC plate.

And to top it off, there was some tension between Jason and Dave that was intense at times. If it didnt actually work , trust me, Dave wouldnt use it .

And i have to ask...why did you go to a sheet metal intake ?

A 70 mm t-body is more restrictive than the PP. Dave Bamford was running a data logging system on his TSM car . He has a 6 channel EGT logger and before the power plate his egt temps were almost 75 degrees different . With the plate he was within 7 degrees in each cylinder . His et stayed the same, his MPH went up . He was using a stock style intake with a precision upper when he was going 9.40's. Even when he switched to a bowling green intake, he was using an RJC plate.
That's good stuff. I've thought about trying it without. but I've gone 10.90 on an unopened long block and intake plenum/TB and haven't blown it up yet:) I think I can thank 110 octane fuel, careful tuning and the RJC PP

So you are saying that you didnt run one and didnt swith over to a sheetmetal intake for a high nine second car ?

No...All I'm saying is that before I bought this engine that has a sheet metal intake manifold on it, I had a another motor with an original ported intake and tried the power plate with no significant results. Sorry for the confusion...:redface:

Claude. :wink:

all its doing is moving the throttle body plate and opening to the top of the intake. there is no difference in power or air flow its just moved forward toward the intake

I think the RJC PP shows results of better equalized air flow when your actually forcing/boosting in enough air to actually make the rear cylinder knock/ detonate.

So if your only running 15-18# of boost and getting no knock without the plate then switching to the plate may not shows better results. If your turn the boost up to say 21# of boost and your getting knock, adding the plate will better distribute the air flow to the forward cylinders to prevent knock.

This is how I understood it anyway.

well we have em on all my/Melissa/Russ's cars :p These are all cars that are driven an raced. 1 now has Jasons plenum on it with his powerplate BUT we haven't raced with it yet. Melissa's 9 sec run @ 138+ in street trim just had a 62mm TB and a stock plenum. NEVER "Blew out a spark plug" in any of our cars.. Plugs look all the same . NO KNOCK either. :biggrin:
This has been beat to death if ya do a search. :rolleyes:

And to top it off, there was some tension between Jason and Dave that was intense at times. If it didnt actually work , trust me, Dave wouldnt use it .

And i have to ask...why did you go to a sheet metal intake ?

Well that's the answer that should end the fuss about it. It works...:biggrin:

i have one on my car.
i have no way of personally proving it did anything for me as my car was running like crap before and after the installation (No fault of the PP).
At this point i wouldn't pull it out.

Prior to me installing the plate I would get .2-1.5* of retard at 17 PSI on pump 93. So, I backed it down to 16 PSI, & had zero retard. I ran my car this way for a few months. After I felt the need for more power, I bought an RJC ADDP.

I was able to raise my boost to 18 PSI on pump 93 after I installed the plate. So, that's proof in my eyes that it works, & works VERY well.