RJC Power Plate

power plate

ditto on works great. pulled the plugs at bowling green after two years and no issues.

Originally posted by jjkv
Still waiting on a power plate for the new champion intake:)

john

Come on, is the new manifold that bad? I have one on order, waiting for intake to be ported and matched to new GN1 heads.

Your not plugging the hole, your dispersing air more evenly, it works, ther's no denying this.

Originally posted by turbo2nr
Come on, is the new manifold that bad? I have one on order, waiting for intake to be ported and matched to new GN1 heads.

The Power Plate is like fine tuning...there's nothing that's close

especially when the air flow balance between cylinders is critical @ high boost levels

I've had mine for 5 months...works good...plate would make it better.

John

I have been using one since 2001. I know what they look like. I also see that over 50% of the area gets blocked off. I hope the new champion intake does not need it, nothing against RJO.

I took mine to the machine shop. Had them do major porting and polishing. Then just to make sure all that work was worth it . It was flowed.

Made a big difference. 250 CFM after machining.

I still need the power plate to balance the air flow between cylinders. 5 and 6 still getting more air than the others.

John

Your not plugging the hole, your dispersing air more evenly, it works, ther's no denying this
If you can figure out a way to change the flow of air, or any fluid, without affecting pressure, you will have accomplished two things.
First, you will have figured a way to get around the laws of nature. (or Newton, if you prefer)
Second, you will have made yourself richer than Bill Gates.

There is- HAS to be- a small pressure drop across the PP. But it is not large enough to offset the gains it gives from improved flow distribution.

The way i understand this power plate to work, is that it limits flow to the rear cylinders. From what i read is that you have to crank more boost into the intake because of the restriction of the plate.

None of this crap is true

Originally posted by PEACHS
The way i understand this power plate to work, is that it limits flow to the rear cylinders. From what i read is that you have to crank more boost into the intake because of the restriction of the plate.

you will be able to run more boost with less knock,SH!T for brains or is it PEACHES;)

Hey Mr. Eddie,

Don't you think you are WAY OUT OF LINE for saying the last rude comments to me. I think it is uncalled for and disrespectful!

I believe most of the fast TSM guys are using the RJC PP. I think that says a lot right there. It does not seem to be slowing down their 9 sec rides. ;)