RJC crank pulley hitting?

Well, the new balancer is back on, I tightened it as best I could. It is making noices from the pulleys, so I have been spraying the best quieter stuff on them, that works for a little bit, but then I have to respray.

Also making noices when I rev it up, but who knows, I switched the tb/plenum, downpipe, and crank pulley at once. Could be the dp hitting.

Also, got a code 23, will post about that. Never ends with these things.

Try running it without the belt installed to see if the noise goes away. Could be a water pump bearing or PS pump on its way out.

I removed the belt and it was quiet. Sounds like the water pump. The weird thing is that spraying the belt dressing quiets it up, then it starts making noice again, then spraying it quiets it up again, really weird. I cant see why the belt spray would make the noise go away.

I removed the belt and it was quiet. Sounds like the water pump. The weird thing is that spraying the belt dressing quiets it up, then it starts making noice again, then spraying it quiets it up again, really weird. I cant see why the belt spray would make the noise go away.

Spin all your pullies by hand and also check them for any end play. What condition is your alternator in? I had seen many make alot of noise. Is your belt new?

The belt dressing is crap. Find out why the belt is squeeling (pulley problem/bad belt/wrong size belt/tensioner weak).

sounds like a bad tensioner, could have lost tension removing the belt a few times...

All of the pulleys seem ok, quiet when spun by hand. The alternator does chirp when it is hand spun, but why would the dressing quiet it at all. Im thinking water pump, alternator, or cam sensor. I'll have to take it all apart again.

The chirp in the alternator is probably from the brushes. Fairly normal, and usually doesn't cause noise at speed.

For the belt, try reversing the direction of it. Not inside out, but which way it is spinning (am I making sense?).

I've found that after running a belt if it gets reversed on re-install sometimes they make noise. So what I always do now is to install all belts so that the numbers/label can be correctly read when standing in front of the car looking at it.

That way if the belt is removed the install direction is always where the numbers/label can be read.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I replaced the belt with a Goodyear gatorbelt and put on a new idler pulley and now its quiet. Probably was the belt. I just noticed that my alternator is cracked which might be another issue.

Thanks everyone!

I replaced the belt with a Goodyear gatorbelt and put on a new idler pulley and now its quiet. Probably was the belt. I just noticed that my alternator is cracked which might be another issue.

Thanks everyone!
Are you using the torque strap that is mounted to the alternator? Saves cracked mounting bracket. IMHO Gene

of course I am, I read all about it, time for a poly motor mount.