Rjc "Biggie" oil filter adapter

That only works for the IC cars that have an oil cooler.

You would need a oil pump cover from an older Buick that doesn't say "METRIC" on it and points in the right direction.

I know the PF-24 is bigger outisde, but I wonder it that means it has more media inside than the PF-52? The PF-52 is a direct fit.

I think this issue is overblown. I do see Buick V6's dying left and righth due to oiling issues.

They are offering 2 kind of adaptors, 1 for the oil cooler application (right pict. on rjc web site) and 1 for the non-oil cooler application (left pict) they say this adaptor will allow the use of the big filters on any car that uses the PF47 oil filter. I just wanted to know if someone have bought one... before buying ;)
but thanks for the answer !

Price a oil filter housing for a buick 350 at a local parts store. It is the same botom and takes the pf24 as well.

They are offering 2 kind of adaptors, 1 for the oil cooler application (right pict. on rjc web site) and 1 for the non-oil cooler application (left pict) they say this adaptor will allow the use of the big filters on any car that uses the PF47 oil filter.

D'oh! Didn't see that. I guess that it really is "new". :redface:

not that new b4..., I've seen this product for 2-3 years I believe. :p
but it should be interesting as there's a lot of application for the conversion from Pf-47 (or Pf-52) to PF-24. All the chevy 350, 4.3l use the pf-52, and the litle OHV 2.2 litre inline 4 use the Pf-47 (cavalier, sunfire ant the likes).I dont know it there's a lot of room on the 350 but I know there's a lot of space on my mother's 2001 Cavalier!
Anyway If I buy this adaptor I will let you know If it fits well or not on our application, etc.
I would like to confirm the added Psi at idle but have no measuring equipment.

The bigger filter (24) is a must if you have a blocked oil bypass. The pressures created will destroy a smaller 47 or 52. I have a collapsed oil filter on my workbench as a reminder to let the oil warm up before you get on it.

don't think the bigger oil filter will increase oil pressure...it will give much more filter area which is better. If you have an oil pressure issue, you need to attack that on its own...bearing clearances?????
Conrad

The big filter doesn't cause the increased oil pressure it is part of the cure. My oil bypass is blocked (on purpose) which means at cold temperatures the oil pressure is very high; even at idle. If you were to jump on it before the oil warms up, the pressure increases even more, you will collapse the filter media. The bigger the filter the less likely this will happen. That is why I stated if you have your bypass plugged, you need a bigger filter. If the bypass is operating as normal the small filter will be fine under these conditions because most of the oil wil bypass the filter.

After reading this post I was curious and wanted to know more about this. I asked the guys out in RJC what would be the advantage of using the 'biggie' oil filter.

This is their response:

....it will add some idle oil pressure as the stock little filters restrict some oil. by lessening the restriction you pick up pressure.

RJC Racing
Race Jace
Jason Cramer
435-882-2839

Without an oil cooler $25.00 is not bad for this adapter on our hot air cars. What do you guys think?

...what Erik said... even if you choose to not plug the bypass, less oil will get bypassed due to less filter restriction. I used to run a dual remote setup, using -12an lines, stock pump w/70psi spring GB