RJC 3" Stainless Exhaust system

Bruce Urie

The Ventures,CCR forever!
Say fellas, anyone here purchased and installed RJC's stainless exhaust system on their GNs or Turbo Regals? I have a set from them on order, and it looks to be awesome, just what I need, just three mounting points (not including at the catalytic converter) On their website, I played the video and the sound just blew me away, loud, deep throated, and menacing. (anything to "try" to keep up with DJ Red Barron:p) My wife LOVED the sound. And it's pretty. The thing that impressed me is the testing with an exhaust cutout, then with their exhaust, no difference in time down the strip. Which does say a lot about free flowing. This sounds like "prime steak" to the turbocharger, am I right?

So, I'm asking here anyone's opinions, those who have a set on their cars. I would love to hear what you have to say about this excellent system. (i.e., mounting problems, fitment, sound, loud, really loud, very loud, any drone at a certain rpm? Can you still hear the stereo while the engine's running? Have the police hassled you with this system?

I like the idea of this loud sound as I want to announce my presense in my big, bad Grand National every time I pull up to a light, or anywhere really. I'm not a stealth type of guy...I want the world to know that this is true "POWER" coming up along side of them. Loud, powerful engines are a drug to me...most intoxicating sound in the world to me...pure music. It always brings tears to my eyes to hear a loud, brutal, powerful engine. The more it shakes the ground, the happier I get.:tongue:

RJC's stainless 3" system, Jason told me, will outlast me! All 304 stainless. Even the muffler. I like the idea of a single pipe from the cat, then at the muffler behind the axle, splits in two. Real neat...only one muffler, not two. With guillotine clamps.

Expensive, I'l be the first to say that ( I'm only going to live once)...but....tax return...bills up to date...present for my wife...no long trips to take...GN still on blocks...most GN parts are all obtained, ready to install....no hospital trips, heart attacks, cats been well fed, etc....just one bad fall last month, but didn't cost me anything except a badly bruised leg, ankle, wrist, fingers (no rock guitar for a while) slight limp, lots of embarassment...so I can spend that tax return GUILT FREE!!!!!!!!!!Bwwwaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaah!!!!!!!!!!:D:biggrin::D:tongue:

Any opinions from those who have this system while I wait my order?

Bruce '87 Grand National

By the way, after lots of talking with Jason at RJC, he's one hell of a nice guy! Very smart, too.

posted on this one.

my wife ordered the exaust for me while im deployed, WOOT WOOT!!

Hopefully someone pipes in that they love this exaust, and i hope that if fits good.

I have the 3 inch dual in stainless. It fit very well. As far as loud goes, I cant really tell at idle, but wot is a whole different story. I dont think its too loud but then again my other car has a blown 331 ci v8 with a huge cam, big port heads and long tubes feeding 2 chamber flowmasters with turndowns. I think you will like it.

I have it on my car as well. Installation was not difficult, and I am very happy with the end result. They know what they're doing over at RJC.

Fellas, that's all great news to me. I sure appreciate your opinions and thoughts on this system. Look like a sure winner to me. My engine is mostly stock, not a built up one (like they fortunate TooManyToys:)). Guess it's going to be one big happy thing for me.

Shocker998md, that was a wonderful thing your wife did for you while you're out on deployment. Great girl there. And a great relationship. You're a lucky man. Thank you for your service to our country, too. You are the man.:wink:

Bruce '87 Grand National

hello people; The exhaust your talking about is the crossflow one. The one like stock, correct.
If it is, the shop I had install it complaned of how much of a pain it was to put on and so on.
search RJC exhaust on this site for more info.
I havn't had mine long enough to give my words of wisdom.
I havn't had my car out this year and had the exhaust done kinda late so I really did'nt drive it much but it developed this weird sqeaking from the hanger (I think) and a little lube should fix it.
IBBY

I just put the RJC exhaust on my 87 GN this weekend. The install turned out okay in the end but it did take some work. The bend that comes in to the muffler coming from the test pipe gave me some issues, it was making the muffler sit at an angel and I had a hard time getting the drivers side pipe to fit and look right! The clamps that come with the exhaust are not the best IMO! The opening in the muffler had to be clamped very hard to get them to seal up tight on the out bound pipes and when you tighten the clamp the nut will try to open the barrel of the clamp. I have an after market diff cover on my 10 bolt with the bearing preloads and that made the muffler a tight fit. The RJC exhaust looks very nice and sound great! It took a little time to get it to look right but it can be done just take your time. :) Great exhaust!

Thanks for sharing this information on the RJC exhaust system. I received mine from RJC yesterday. Though the box shipped by UPS looked like it was salvaged from the HMS Titannic, the exhaust inside was in perfect shape. Jason at RJC really did a pro job at protecting the pipes from damage. The TIG welding on this system is just beautiful, a great, professional job. Jason informed me that some drilling of mounting holes on the rear pipes could be necessary, as lots of holes on Regals are at different dimensions. I know this is from production tolerances.

So, I guess from your experience, this is the kind of thing I'll go through with my RJC 304 exhaust. I know it's well worth it. May take a lot of work, but any great product is worth it. Looks like I'll be taking my time and slowly does it. I'm really happy with these pipes...can't wait to get them on. Jeeze, are they beautiful! Excellent manufacturing job at RJC.These are the reason I couldn't take Scott up on his limited time sale offer on those really cool LED tail lights. Hopefully Scott with have another sale soon. I should have enough NO. 2 pencils sold by then.

I just finished this evening putting new carpet in my '87 Grand National, plus the whole interior is back in. All that time and work sure paid off. Shirley says that it smells brand new inside now. Ahhh, that interior looks just great, really happy with it.

My "Honey do" list is so long....somewhere near the bottom is the RJC 304 3" stainless exhaust. Hope I can shorten this list before I die.:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National