rjc 3" exhaust. anyone else having a problem installing or installed?

well i am **** out of luck. i dont know how you can sell a product then expect the customer to run around and make brackets and such. that ludicrous. Wish he would chime in here because he will be getting the box back with the exhaust.
do u have a phone.... call Cramer. his website is listed here. he wont bite. considering he developed the exhaust wouldn't it make common sense to simply pick up the phone and call him.

Sorry to hear some of you guys are having problems. I purchased the Pypes System and had a muffler shop do the work. I am a mechanic by trade yet dont have an air compressor or torches at home. What I'm getting at is why not just take it to the local muffler shop and let them do it? I see the system cost twice as much as mine. I also see on his site the picture clearly shows that he did not use the stock hanger in the passenger side near the fuel line connection.

I had Iggy's do my Hooker exhaust system which they had to make some modification to it:frown:but over all it took them about an 1 1/2 hours to do which to me wasn't that bad of a wait.Also i didn't know that Pypes exhaust system are set setup the same way as the stock one's are:biggrin:

I had Iggy's do my Hooker exhaust system which they had to make some modification to it:frown:but over all it took them about an 1 1/2 hours to do which to me wasn't that bad of a wait.Also i didn't know that Pypes exhaust system are set setup the same way as the stock one's are:biggrin:

That isn't Jasjamz exhaust in the pic, that is from RJC's website. The pypes is 2.5", RJC is 3" and a better grade of stainless.

Hope this helps. The only holes I had to drill are the ones for the tailpipes. It did take sometime but it did go in ok.

Attachments

• RJCexhaust 017.jpg
    RJCexhaust 017.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 381
  • RJCexhaust 012.jpg
    RJCexhaust 012.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 368
  • RJCexhaust 016.jpg
    RJCexhaust 016.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 368
  • RJCexhaust 001.jpg
    RJCexhaust 001.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 381
  • RJCexhaust 002.jpg
    RJCexhaust 002.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 381
Wow...not to change the subject, but this looks EXACTLY like my ATR 3" exhaust. It didn't fit right either, and I had to make some modifications.

Wow...not to change the subject, but this looks EXACTLY like my ATR 3" exhaust. It didn't fit right either, and I had to make some modifications.

Yes it was modeled off of the ATR crossflow exhaust.

I do get allot of compliments on the sound and it has no drone inside the car. This exhaust system should last a very long time. Well worth the money in my eyes:biggrin:

well its a nice piece but thats about it. the instructions are a bunch of bullshi . doesnt fit period. It was prolly made on a monday or friday. Unless you like challenges and heartache buy this system.

Do you have the bracket shown in GNWANTED's post 3rd pic down? It is part of the factory system and I see that it is bolted to the RJC bracket and the other end is inserted into the factory rubber mounted hanger. Without that part I can see no way the RJC system can be mounted without fabbing up some type of replacement bracket.

Mike

it dont work period. even the grommets in the tailpipes suck. i tried every which way to do this and nothing works. so he needs to call ups to pick this up. i already spent to many hrs trying to figure this out. IT SHOULD BE DISCONTINUED.

Sorry you have had trouble installing this system. i have sold over 30 kits and so far only one guy who posted here is having trouble. We have personally installed over 10 of them. all fit great.

1st let me answer a few questions. yes our system is more expensive than the pypes system. our is made from 304 stainless and theirs is made from cheap 409. 2.5"vs 3" there is more difference in the cost of the material than in the cost of the systems.

2nd. in the picture, yes we did not use the stock hanger bracket because the car that we installed it on had an aftermarket exhaust system and did not have a hanger. so we simply fabbed one up. easy. These are little things that sometimes have to be done to install any exhaust system.

3rd. all these systems are exactly the same. they are checked with jigs and made on a CNC mandrel bender.

can anyone install this exhaust system? no obviously not. There is many variables on how this kit fits. where the DP puts the begining of the exhaust, the condition of the stock hanger. ect. The design offers quite a bit of adjustability but it also makes it so you can adjust you way into not making it fit which is a problem in this case.

It is best to take it to a muffler shop and have them install it. You can do it at home without a hoist if you are patient and competent but it adds to the difficulty.

We put the tab on the pipe that goes over the axle on the passenger side to be used if needed but this tab is not totally necessary. it is put there for flexability for installer. We rarely use it when we install the kit.

One thing we can not do is install it for you over the phone. I am willing to help in any way i can.

Cant speak for the RJC install wise but, my ATR crossflow was not a easy deal to install:mad:.
I did take a good look at the RJC crossflow at their booth at the Nats this year and its very similar and looked like a great product, as is his other items.

Once you have it installed I HIGHLY recommend taking it to a exh shop and have them tack the pipe connections in place.

I didn't on mine and in a few years the system drifted and tweaked the brackets and the one up top on the pass side over the axle broke completely off.

well i am **** out of luck. i dont know how you can sell a product then expect the customer to run around and make brackets and such. that ludicrous. Wish he would chime in here because he will be getting the box back with the exhaust.

These cars are over 20 years old bro. They have COUNTLESS varieties of modifications done to them over the years. Things like mounts and bushings wear, and start to sag. The entire cars sag sometimes. The rear ends weren't even centered from the factory. There's no WAY possible, any one single manufacturer could make a one product, that's guaranteed to fit on every single buick. It's just not going to happen. It's pretty much assumed, by both the maker AND the buick owner, that pretty much every store bought mod, will be "in the white" and will have to be "gunsmithed" in. There's just no "drop in fit". It's impossible. We should know this by now guys.

I'm not targeting any one specific person on here, but this is an example, of people not doing enough reading, and REMEMBERING, before they buy stuff.
Every once and a while, (about a week or so) you'll see these posters, with a
"girdled so & so, pt880 turbo, 500 mm throttle body, dual 5" exhaust" signatures, asking about "how does octane affect knock?" or "I have had a 450hp buick for about ten years now. Where do you buy 160 thermostats at?......" You're kidding me right??

It's these guys, that go for the gusto, without even doing their basic researches first. How can you have a 500 hp car, for 4 years, and not even do octane research??? I don't know, but these people are indeed out there. There are things people need to recognize first, before they take other steps. There's no way you should even be bolting on anything bigger than a stock turbo, without studying for MONTHS first. First things first. There's just too much to learn.

Just assume that every store bought item will be a "gunsmith installation". They're usually no problem, but sometimes they take a little massaging to get in. That's ok, because most of us here are pretty mechanically inclined. Just bring a 6 pack of Newcastle out there, and take your time. It always works. You just gotta figure it out that's all. :)

These cars are over 20 years old bro. They have COUNTLESS varieties of modifications done to them over the years. Things like mounts and bushings wear, and start to sag. The entire cars sag sometimes. The rear ends weren't even centered from the factory. There's no WAY possible, any one single manufacturer could make a one product, that's guaranteed to fit on every single buick. It's just not going to happen. It's pretty much assumed, by both the maker AND the buick owner, that pretty much every store bought mod, will be "in the white" and will have to be "gunsmithed" in. There's just no "drop in fit". It's impossible. We should know this by now guys.

I'm not targeting any one specific person on here, but this is an example, of people not doing enough reading, and REMEMBERING, before they buy stuff.
Every once and a while, (about a week or so) you'll see these posters, with a
"girdled so & so, pt880 turbo, 500 mm throttle body, dual 5" exhaust" signatures, asking about "how does octane affect knock?" or "I have had a 450hp buick for about ten years now. Where do you buy 160 thermostats at?......" You're kidding me right??

It's these guys, that go for the gusto, without even doing their basic researches first. How can you have a 500 hp car, for 4 years, and not even do octane research??? I don't know, but these people are indeed out there. There are things people need to recognize first, before they take other steps. There's no way you should even be bolting on anything bigger than a stock turbo, without studying for MONTHS first. First things first. There's just too much to learn.

Just assume that every store bought item will be a "gunsmith installation". They're usually no problem, but sometimes they take a little massaging to get in. That's ok, because most of us here are pretty mechanically inclined. Just bring a 6 pack of Newcastle out there, and take your time. It always works. You just gotta figure it out that's all. :)

Very well said!!!!

After selling and installing Buick exhaust systems for almost 20 years of all different brands and types I can honestly say that there is a 100% chance ANY system will not be a perfect fit on some cars. There is 1" of movement in the body mounts which is why you see some cars with more tire clearance on one side that others. Springs have been changes and downpipes have been changed which start the location of the exhaust. A 3" system is the worst because it has the least amount of clearance. I am sure this RJC system is a high quality item, most of his stuff is. I am also quite sure that the system in question would fit perfectly on another car. Either modify the system to fit your car, move parts on the car or buy a system with smaller pipes.
Mike

ulose2av6 - Here are the pics of the tailpipes bolted to the frame. First one is the driverside second the passanger.

Attachments

• RJCexhaust 021.jpg
    RJCexhaust 021.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 129
  • RJCexhaust 023.jpg
    RJCexhaust 023.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 135