Riviera T-type vs Hot Air Regal T-types

CTX-SLPR

Howdy,

I'm contemplating picking up an 85 Riviera T-type and being barely knowledgable about HA cars in general is there any reason why the tricks with conversion to the LC2 ECM and Type II ICM won't work?

Thanks,

The same tricks will work. All of the electronics are the same.

Go for it. We need more of these cars getting into the hands of knowledgable people like yourselves. Give me a shout if you need any help with anything else on that car.

Cool, I just trust the LC2 electronics more. Use the Caspers MAF harness and the C3 converstion for a Type II then add a MAF translator and an LT1 MAF. Do the Rivs use a Hydroboost setup or a vacuum brake system?

I keep thinking since the turbo is mounted so far back that I could add an LC2 lower section mount a TB 5.0L SBC style on a custom hat and use a liquid to air intercooler under the dash or elsewhere on the top/side of the engine.

Thanks,

Cool, I just trust the LC2 electronics more. Use the Caspers MAF harness and the C3 converstion for a Type II then add a MAF translator and an LT1 MAF. Do the Rivs use a Hydroboost setup or a vacuum brake system?

I keep thinking since the turbo is mounted so far back that I could add an LC2 lower section mount a TB 5.0L SBC style on a custom hat and use a liquid to air intercooler under the dash or elsewhere on the top/side of the engine.

Thanks,

My '84 Riviera T-Type is hydroboost. I agree wholeheartedly, that the LC2 ECM is superior and it's an easy swap. Do use the late model MAF, or LT1 w/ translator. I'm running the LT1 personally. Do add the IAT wiring, it makes a difference.

There's not a ton of hood clearance on the Rivs... front of the engine if converted to an electric fan has plenty of room for the LC2 intercooler.

They can be fast... The times in my sig are w/ a stock longblock and turbo.

Anyone tried a 5-wire MAF with this and use that as the IAT or does the computer require an MAT sensor?