Rip that engine out and put it in something else.........

turbotex

Is it heresy to consider scrapping a body in really poor shape and using the engine in something else, i.e. small pickup or compact car? Now, don't jump on me too hard here; I'm just letting my mind wander.....not going to do anything rash.....unless somebody has done this and has had a good experience. If so, I'd like to pick your brain and see if I want to spend three or four thou' on the original body or consider something else. The drivetrain still pulls hard and should be a barrell of fun in something light.

jump over to the sister board turbobuicks.com and there is a section just for hybrids a 240z and a few 2nd gen rx-7's and one guy doing a toyota truck.

I was going to do a yota truck myself for a driver but now im thinking of doing a 1st gen rx-7 as a airplane :)

I'm not scraping mine to do it but I will be using all the parts from a rusted out pretty bad WE4 car.:(

I have seen a SFI/IC motor in a '48 Anglia and I know a guy here in town that is putting a carb'd turbo motor in his toyota 4X4.

SalvageV6's heart and soul will live on when the water starts coming in over the doorsills.

I figure I got 2 more years for that.

Engine only has 144K on it just broken in. :)

I have built one conversion, and I'm gathering parts for another. I will not ever cut up a good body for it though. The first one was from a shell that was rotting out, and I rounded up the rest. The one I am working on now is using my GN as a donor. My GN has rot so bad that you can stick a key through the rot on the roof. So, no, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I myself can't see cutting up a good car for it, but that is just me.

Brian

I'm building a 68 Jeepster Commando convertible with a power top, switch pitch TH400, teralow transfer case, 33" tires and an 84 Hot Air. Performance mods to the Hot Air are to be determined, but hope for a front mounted intercooler as a minimum. The Jeepster all used the odd fire grand-daddy of the 231 so everyting is bolt on.

Schmuck.

When I get done with a new girdled motor for my car I'm taking the short block and adding the old stock heads and intake and stock headers ...all the stuff I changed out.Then I'm going to put it in a chevy LUV truck.