ride height

n20junkie

Sponser needed
i am finalizing the front shock mounting, and was wondering what the faster stage guys are running for ride height, the distance from the grount to the bottom of the rocker panel would be great, especially bill andersons car, i can adjust the back shocks a bunch, but in an effort to save space, i wana keep the adjustmet holes to a minimum on the front, so i have to get it really close the first time, thanks for the help.
Grant

NHRA rules are no less than 3" of ground clearance, that is what my DP has before it would touch asphault EXACTLY. My air dams to the pavement are 3.5"

wow thats low, just measured my car, seems that the backhalf crossmember is the lowest piece of structure in there rear, up front i did all the fabrication with the thought on getting it low, and i could put the nose on the ground if i wanted to, but i just wanted some comparison numbers, the fiberglass nose is yet to be mounted, so all i can go off of is chassis or rocker measurements, thanks for the help bill.
grant

Be sure to take into account all the weight, and tire squat (generally ½") When your car is done, you'll have to have it scaled after ride height is set too. Remember that you'll want your shocks (coil overs I presume?) to have some amount of compression to begin with.

Usually, the lowest point is right behind the front tire at the leading edge of the fender at the rocker panel line. You can probably use a straight edge and approximate where that point will be for a measurement device.

Remember too that your Mustang 2 lower arms should be level to the ground at ride height. Make sure you have the rack mounted correctly so you don't induce bump steer (stupid comment but I thought I'd throw it out anyway.)

Mine sits too low, but it looks nice that way!

no comments are stupid, mounting that rack was a real pain, mainly to get the geometry commrect so that bump steer isn't an issue, along with all the other geometry casue i made the upper and lower control arms, i had to get belltech spindles to make everything work, i ended up mouning the shocks via the educated guess methode, taking into account all the stuff compressing with weight on it, i mounted the shocks only a few inches from the ball joint, that way the shock tuning will be easier, i hope, thanks for the info
Grant