Ride along with blackshoebox and......

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Well I'm down for Memorial Day weekend with my parents, so last night I didn't get a chance to go to the track and see Alex make any passes so I called him and asked him how he did. He said the car felt great on the B-line when he was getting it dialed in, and it pulled like it never had before, so he was figuring the car probably would have run a mid 11 or possibly a low 11 with the ET Streets cause last time the car ran 11.8 @115mph with a crappy 1.75 60' on BFG DRs with a bad header leak and a turbo blowing oil. Unfortunately, on the first pass Alex made the car blow the 2 piece crossover pipe he got from Poston and he couldn't get it fixed so he didn't get to make any real passes:(

Anyways, after hearing about his bad luck I asked if he fixed the crossover pipe and he said yeah, so I told him we should go make some passes cause I wanted to see how the car pulls now that it was in a good state of tune with the ET Streets still on the car. He came over and picked me up and we went to a little warehouse area where there's no traffic and we did some launches with about 3lbs of boost and the car simply destroyed the tires past what would be the 60' mark :eek:

Okay this is where it gets good:D He's taking me back home and we happen to catch a light with a newer ('99 or up) Steeda Mustang GT. It was yellow with a wing, loud exhaust, dark tint, and 17" rims. So he starts revving the 4.6 and I look over at Alex and he's putting on his seat belt, so I know what's coming;) I look over at the Stang and I couldn't help myself so I gave the guy in the Stang the thumbs down and that's when the light turns green and Alex being the **** he is gives the poor guy the jump and before I know it we FLY by this guy like he's standing still and we pull and pull and pull until we're about 3 BUS lengths ahead (I'm not kidding about the 3 BUS lengths either!) and when the guy in the Stang finally catches up he said he knew he was going to get walked when he saw the Mickey Thompson ET Streets out back and he knows GNs are fast cars, so all and all it was a very cool experience to say the least :cool: :)

The Shoebox moves!!!

LOL! Oh great....you two together! I'd hate to be driving a Mustang and see you two together, knowing how much you guys hate stangs! I am surpirised you guys didn't pull him over and rape him, while tatooing a GN logo on his back. :D

On a side note, I doubt it was a true Steeda if you put buslengths on him.

Well Reggie the Mustang had Steeda decals on the side and a big Steeda sticker across the window so I'm sure it was modified by them with some appearance stuff like the rims and wing, but it did have a couple performance mods according to the driver like exhaust, headers, gears, etc. (it sounded great like most Stangs, although, I think the older 5.0's sound much better). It wasn't supercharged or anything like that, and I'm sure if it was it would have made for a better race, but understand that Alex's car was in an easy mid to low 11 second tune with a 110 octane pump gas mixture with alky (about 22-25lbs of boost), so the guy didn't have a prayer!!! Reggie what do you consider a "real" Steeda cause I've seen plenty of them that weren't very fast at all. Hell I saw one '97 Steeda GT with a Vortech supercharger and the usual bolt ons running 13.40's @107mph which a stock LS1 F-body will easily run with a good driver. Not bashing Stangs, but Steeda isn't the best Stang tuner IMO. I have seen a couple of fast Saleen supercharged Stangs though.

The race wasn't even a race, but the guy in the stang ask for it. Steve(86brick) was amused.:D

Another mustang bites the dust....

Flame suit on a ready,
Alex;)

Well, the Steeda I saw a few days ago at the World Ford Challenge ran an 11.8 at 116. There are a lot of stangs running around with Steeda stickers. You can order them or pick them up at their shop.

Anyway it doesn't matter. Nice kill.

Remember how we were talking about my engine blowing up? Well, the oil pump crapped out :( Time for the turbo motor! Do you hate stangs with turbos (hey, it's black at least)?

Reggie, when did I ever say that I hate Stangs? To tell you the truth I got respect for anything that's fast, but it pisses me off when I see a Stang like the guy Alex raced cause it seems like he was more interested in looking fast than going fast kind like a ricer. The Steeda Stang you mentioned that ran 11.8 @116mph would have made for a much better race compared to the 13 sec Steeda Stang Alex raced. Anyways, what are your plans for the turbo motor? Are you going to spend the big money for an SVO 4 bolt main block? How fast are you looking to go? You'll probably need a Speed Pro DFI system to tune that beast and if it's going to be a single turbo Stang I would think you'd be better off with a slushbox. If you haven't already I would call and speak with Harry @ Precision Turbo & Engine cause he's built some of the fastest single turbo Stangs and if you check out the Ford Products section on the PTE website www.precisionte.com they have a red '93 5.0 single turbo Stang that looks stock, but it is capable of running 9.50's on pump gas and is streetable!!!:eek: The Stang is owned by Chad Klodner and it has a PT88 turbo and a Speed Pro DFI system.

Originally posted by blackshoebox
The race wasn't even a race, but the guy in the stang ask for it. Steve(86brick) was amused.:D

Another mustang bites the dust....

[ricer response]
Yeah, but he'd own you in the twisties! ;)
[/ricer response]

Yah,

R302 block, 331 stroker, T-76 turbo, canfield heads, no dfi. Should be fun, cause it sure as hell is expensive.

Originally posted by 86brick
Reggie, when did I ever say that I hate Stangs? To tell you the truth I got respect for anything that's fast, but it pisses me off when I see a Stang like the guy Alex raced cause it seems like he was more interested in looking fast than going fast kind like a ricer. The Steeda Stang you mentioned that ran 11.8 @116mph would have made for a much better race compared to the 13 sec Steeda Stang Alex raced. Anyways, what are your plans for the turbo motor? Are you going to spend the big money for an SVO 4 bolt main block? How fast are you looking to go? You'll probably need a Speed Pro DFI system to tune that beast and if it's going to be a single turbo Stang I would think you'd be better off with a slushbox. If you haven't already I would call and speak with Harry @ Precision Turbo & Engine cause he's built some of the fastest single turbo Stangs and if you check out the Ford Products section on the PTE website www.precisionte.com they have a red '93 5.0 single turbo Stang that looks stock, but it is capable of running 9.50's on pump gas and is streetable!!!:eek: The Stang is owned by Chad Klodner and it has a PT88 turbo and a Speed Pro DFI system.

Originally posted by Reggie
Yah,

R302 block, 331 stroker, T-76 turbo, canfield heads, no dfi. Should be fun, cause it sure as hell is expensive.

What do you plan on using for fuel management?? If not DFI, like you said, what are you going to be running? I would hope for such a large investment you would invest in something to tune with, or it will be really expensive when you blow that motor up . :eek:

Sounds like a sick combo though, but why short change the fuel management/tuning tool part of the combo. It may as well be the most important part of the combo IMHO.

Alex

Reggie...

Like Alex said with that kind of money invested in a nice turbo motor the DFI is very important cause from the sounds of your combo you'll be making some where between 800-900hp with the 76 turbo which will easily put a full weight mustang in the mid to low 9's and tuning that car will be key and without a good fuel management system like the Speed Pro/FAST system you'll be running the car blind:eek: Also, what tranny do you plan on using? I would think a built TH400 would be the best choice for a car making that kind of power. Cal Hartline has built some very fast turbo Stangs from what I've heard and he's very good tuning the DFI systems so you might want to speak with him. I wish you good luck with the new turbo combo :)

Thanks guys. The problem with the DFI is there really isn't any competent DFI tuners around St. Louis that I know of. I would lvoe to get DFI and have Turbo People out of NY tune it, but everything else has pretty much drained me. There is a place here that tunes PMS. It is a plug in controller (a lot cheaper too). Anyway the place does nothing but turbos. So, he should know what he is doing. Where is Carl Hartline based out of?

As far as the trans, I am going with a Viper T-56 6 speed. Sorry, no GM trans for me! I am not building a drag strip car, I am building a Supra highway killer. Gotta smoke my friends cars. Not that a 200 shot wont do it, but with the new motor, I am going turbo. Taking out my 4.10's and going back to 3.73's. I still hope to hit high nines though. We shall see.

Originally posted by Reggie
Thanks guys. The problem with the DFI is there really isn't any competent DFI tuners around St. Louis that I know of. I would lvoe to get DFI and have Turbo People out of NY tune it, but everything else has pretty much drained me. There is a place here that tunes PMS. It is a plug in controller (a lot cheaper too). Anyway the place does nothing but turbos. So, he should know what he is doing. Where is Carl Hartline based out of?

As far as the trans, I am going with a Viper T-56 6 speed. Sorry, no GM trans for me! I am not building a drag strip car, I am building a Supra highway killer. Gotta smoke my friends cars. Not that a 200 shot wont do it, but with the new motor, I am going turbo. Taking out my 4.10's and going back to 3.73's. I still hope to hit high nines though. We shall see.

No need for an FMU, Ditch it and get some 72# injectors :) And then get a custom chip . 500times better... 3:73's:eek: 1/4 you will run out of gear. I would go with 3:27's.. Post a little on the www.corral.net there are some guys there with your combo.

Reggie, Cal (aka HighPSI on this forum) is located in Melbourne Florida (central Florida area) and he's very good with tuning DFI systems like the Speed Pro/FAST system sold by PTE. Not too long ago I heard that he built the fastest Lightning which runs low 7's with a turbo Ford V8, so the guy definately knows what he's doing! The PMS and the custom burned chip both won't be nearly as good as a DFI system for tuning and fuel management purposes, however, much like you already know they aren't cheap (about $2k). If you're going highway hunting for turbo Supra's the Viper T56 6spd is the better choice, but I would go with some gears that are better for the highway racing like the 3:27's that fastfed mentioned. BTW, did your friend ever get his Supra fixed?

The PMS will work fine down to, and including the low 9 second range. It has been proven on the street and on the race track (especially the race track). Some of the more well known racers that use it include Brian Meyers, Clair Stewart, and Mike Post (current NMRA Renegade record holder - 9.06 @ 150 mph).

The Box is Movin'

Took a ride in Alex's car last night after upgrading to a ported Trottle body and maannnnn is that this moving. He roled into the trottle slowly in 1st and the car just blew the 295's away! Let's just say that we weren't exactly going forward the way I wanted! :eek:

Can't wait to see that thing at the Track.

:cool:

Re: The Box is Movin'

Originally posted by Turbojorge
Took a ride in Alex's car last night after upgrading to a ported Trottle body and maannnnn is that this moving. He roled into the trottle slowly in 1st and the car just blew the 295's away! Let's just say that we weren't exactly going forward the way I wanted! :eek:

Can't wait to see that thing at the Track.

:cool:

:D ...I redialed it in on the way home. Car felt strong. I just acquired a pair of 28X9 inch slicks to be mounted on rims, so I think it will be seeing the track in a week or two..

Alex

Alex,

Moroso won't be open til June 15 (I Think) so where are you going to go? I should be ready to go In about two weeks once I dial in the car with this new race chip I'm getting next week. Give me two weeks and we will both go up, and maybe get the rest of the guy's (Brad, Gabby, Orlando, etc) to go with us.

Later.

Originally posted by Turbojorge
Alex,

Moroso won't be open til June 15 (I Think) so where are you going to go? I should be ready to go In about two weeks once I dial in the car with this new race chip I'm getting next week. Give me two weeks and we will both go up, and maybe get the rest of the guy's (Brad, Gabby, Orlando, etc) to go with us.

Later.

Sounds good to me.:cool: I just called the track, and they will be reopening June 7th(friday) for test and tune. Ill probably go up the next week.

Alex

I'm not going up there until I get some slicks and a new radiator. I just have to get off my butt and get them.