Rick Head's twin turbo SBC 3rd gen Camaro running 8's on DRs *Vid*

Originally posted by trbo6gn
sweet run but man those have to be the ugliest camaros every built.

Opinions seem to vary on the looks of the 3rd gen Camaros.... Personally I don't think they look that bad especially when they're going 8's:D

FWIW, Rick's Camaro has run a best of 8.57 @170mph on drag radials with a 1.49 60'.......

Also, for those that may be wondering what's under the hood.....

-427ci SBC
-14* heads
-Twin dual ball bearing GT-76 turbos

**The motor made 1680hp on the dyno!**

Originally posted by trbo6gn
sweet run but man those have to be the ugliest camaros every built.
Wow, I've always thought that they were the best looking ones due to their boxy design....hence my love of the almighty G body.

I think 1st gen is the best than i love the 3rd gen 2nd best and 2nd gen ehhh but the 4th gen i cant stand they look like crap in my eyes.

Thanks for the vid (still downloading).
In OH when Mike was having spooling probs Rick was telling him to dump the big single and go with twins before Orlando..lol.. I didn't personally get introduced to him in OH but we spoke a few times and he seemed really kewl!

If you ever get a vid of Mike running in Orlando PLEASE let me know. I would LOVE to see his runs. I'm surprised that nobody has posted a vid yet.. His first run he stood it on the bumper, second run went 8.2, third run perfect launch but broke tranny in high gear..

damn.. still downloading..
ks:cool:

hehee.. You can hear when the boost hit and the tires got overpowered.. damn....:cool:

Kevin, I think Cal might have some vids of Mike running at the World Street Nats (maybe you should shoot him an email or give him a call)..... I was there and got to see the 8.29 pass as well as the pass where the input shaft let go in the trans.... I have looked for vids from Orlando on the 'net and I can't seem to find any although I know on SpeedWorld's website www.speedworlddragway.com you can order a tape that has all the racing from the '03 event....