rich or lean???gen7

emtcee1973

i have a gen7(still tuning) on a small block chevy(NA)...i get a pop out of my exhaust when i romp on it....i thought that a pop out the exhaust meant that its lean but my lm1 is reading 12.8:1 afr....anyone have any thoughts???any help would be appreciated....
mike

as far as i know a intake pop is lean and and exh pop could be a misfire from a rich condition. You may want to look into using an accel 300+ box and a #140019 coil, this coil is cd specific and you don;t want to get a shock from this baby! POssible bad wire also?

thanks norbs....so then its probably too rich in my case???i guess i really need to pull my plugs again...
mike

12.8 a/f is not overly rich 10:1 is overly rich, you have some other problem. How do the plugs all look?

i will pull them tomorrow and take a look...maybe i can post a picture of them and you can have a look...maybe you see something i don't...
thanks,mike

i know for some reason i can't upload them...never happened to me before....do you mind if i send them directly to u right now???
mike

Attachments

• sparkplug1.JPG
    sparkplug1.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 63
  • sparkplug2.JPG
    sparkplug2.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 62
  • sparkplug3.JPG
    sparkplug3.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 65
They don't look rich to me? do you have this backfire on a datalog? :confused:

sorry i haven't replied,i have been busy...i can't seem to get a log of this...everytime i try to log it the motor doesn't want to pop...always works that way :rolleyes: ...i added more fuel in my ve table it seemed to help,maybe that was the problem???anyway thanks for the help norbs....if i can get it on a log i will post it....
mike