Ricers ruin things for everyone!

Little6pack

Thanks to the ricers here in New hampshire we are slowly becoming California Lite.

The State is cracking down on inspection stations about all the goofy stuff they do to ricemobiles. From wings to silver tail lamps to exhaust systems. Thus making inspection stations weary of real performance cars.

Does any one make a DIRECT CONNECT Cat WITH FLANGE for GN's
or does someone make a flange that can be welded to a Random tech cat?

My 3" inlet Random Tech. cat. was a direct bolt in.

GM's GN flange was on it.

I think they make a 2.5" inlet as well with a GM GN flange.

:confused:

So you're pissed at ricers because you got caught violating federal law?

Here in NJ they've always done a visual inspection for cats. I don't have one, but I'm exempt from inspection.

My Random 3" Tech cat was a direct bolt-in - flange and all.

Jim

No I did not get caught! I was to lazy to take off my test pipe from last year.
I don't want the nice folks that I use to get in trouble.

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
No I did not get caught! I was to lazy to take off my test pipe from last year.
I don't want the nice folks that I use to get in trouble.

Ahhhh. I'm not sure that the NJ people even know what they're looking for. They slide a mirror underneath the car for about half a second. My brother is going to try to slip through without a cat once we work the bugs out of his new engine.

Jim

I welded a cat heat shield to my test pipe, but here in Maryland they rarely check under the car.

Ya, there looking beyond the typical stuff now supposedly. I think I'll try the welded shield. If no go then go with high flow cat.

Hollow cats. work great for day to day use. :)

Pop on the real live Random Tech. one so I can pass CT's crooked inspection Number 2, without being crooked.

Always passed crooked inspection #1 too, without being crooked. ;)

It's a big joke for sure.... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by bwallace
I welded a cat heat shield to my test pipe, but here in Maryland they rarely check under the car.

I've had them look under mine before with the mirror. They saw a nice cc that I might have dropped a screwdriver in. :) That was in MD.

New Hampshire Puts all car up on lifts & pulls 1 front wheel & 1 rear wheel. A visual on pollution control stuff. On older cars & trucks I have seen them poke the frame with huge prybar.

Yet we have no sniff YET! go figure!

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
we have no sniff YET! go figure!

If you have no sniff then by all means get a hollow 3" Random Tech. I dropped a screwdriver in mine by accident and all of the stuff fell out of it. It really comes out easily.

Jim

Supposedly the sniff starts next year. They used to do the sniff years ago but stopped when the then governor thought he was going to set up his best buddy with the only places for sniff test across the state. Voters flushed that gov down the toilet. By not sniffing we gave up millions in federal money for roads. Roads are all falling apart now so it' back to the sniff I guess.

Originally posted by Pronto
By not sniffing we gave up millions in federal money for roads. Roads are all falling apart now so it' back to the sniff I guess.

YEAH BUT THOSE MILLIONS ARE GOING TO GOOD USE LIKE WELFARE:eek:

WHAT ABOUT TAXACUSSETS HAVE YOU DRIVEN THERE LATELY. YOU NEED AN ATV & THEY HAVE THE $NIFF TEST MONEY.
IT IS ALL A POLITICAL FARCE.

PRONTO, THANKS FOR THE USE OF YOUR CAT SINCE I CAN'T FIND MY ORIGINAL ONE.
I TALKED WITH RANDOM TECH WILL BE GETTING MINE SOON.

AGAIN THANKS RICER- BOYS OF NEW HAMPSHIRE. LIKE MOST TYPICAL RICERS THEY DRIVE & ACT LIKE MORONS & DRIVE HIDEIOUS LOOKING CARS:eek: