Ricer thinks he has me

PsychoBuickBoy

The Money Pit
I am tooling around in North Scottsdale with my wife last night. I am cruising about 45 when I hear the ricer coming up behind me at a high rate of speed. I look in my rear mirror and sure enough it is a hatchback Civic. I start to get into it a little but don't like the traffic that is around so he flys by. Thats OK, there is a light comming up! He actually sounded pretty good (not the normal super-obnoxious exhaust tone) and seemed faster then your normal rice. I suspected he was spraying by the rate of speed he came by me at. So he catches the light and I pull up on his right. He is revving the hell out of the Civic and showing me how he can bounce off the rev limiter at like 8000 RPMS. I roll my window down and try to get him to. He wont, so I motion roll your window down. He finally does and I see he has a girl with him. I ask what he has in there for a power adder (didn't here a turbo). He says in a real cocky tone "Just a little 1.6." and revs it some more. He is smiling and telling his girl probably how he is going to blow my doors off. Light turns green and he is still revving the crap out of his rice powered $hit box. I ease away with no boost to see what the hell is trying to do. He finally drops the clutch and thinks he is going to do a John Force burnout by me. Them little front tires are a screeching away and I wait for him to get right on my side and I nail it! Boost hits 20psi and I my tires are loose. I still manage to pull a length with the spinning and then hit second and stretch out a good 6 car lead. I let out and here he comes. He buzzes by me again at a high rate of speed (d@mn ricer flyby's!). I wasn't going to persue him on this busy street so I let him get away.

I hate the mentality these ricers have. He probably walked away thinking he got me with his little ol 1.6 "Just wait until my VTec kicks in!". Then he is a smart @ss when I ask him what he has on it!

This was a newer looking model and seemed pretty fast on the high end (no match for me but quicker then normal rice). How fast can these things really be made? I know I have seen some 11 second runners at the local track but how much money do these guys have in these things?

Originally posted by PsychoBuickBoy
I know I have seen some 11 second runners at the local track but how much money do these guys have in these things?

Double what their car is worth.

forget the rice! how the hell are you not leaning out with an lt-70 and 009's?! i was leaning out with a walbro 340 and 50's with my 66 with any more than 15 psi boost.

yeah some of them are quick. i hang out with a few import guys and i know what they run under their hoods. the guys i hang out like to swap the motors in the hatch back civics. the hatchbacks are the lighter of the body styles. a friend of mine runs 14.0 with intake header exaust on a B18 motor, which is a DOHC integra GSR motor. he has about 180 hp at the wheels, and his car is gutted. no stickers or wings. its pretty dam quick for a civic. on the other end of the spectrum, there is this other guy i know that runs low 11's in his N/A civic hatch. he runs about 270 hp and his car is VERRY light. he has a totally built japanese integra type R motor. another guy in a hatch back i know runs 13.4 with a mildly moded type R engine.

yes they can be made fast, but at the expence of comfort and not to mention LOTTS OF FRICKIN CASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but my friend w/ a type R integra is sellin it to get a '70 SS454 chevelle! so it must be boring havin a car that has no power until 7.5 k rpm:rolleyes:

Matt87,
I know, I know 009's and a LT70 are a no no. I just installed this sucker last weekend and will be doing the injectors some time in the near future. As far as leaning out, I am running rich if anything. It is set right now at just under 20 psi and the alky is comming on at 15. I was worried about not being able to spool this thing but it spools just as quick as my TE62. What chip were you using, I am using the Max Effort? It is running leaner then the 62 but I am still in the 800 range on my O2's.

when dynoed it last year i actually still had 009's on it. it also had the t-66, gn'1s, 70mm tb, and ported intake, the rest of the engine was stock (r.i.p.) but anyways at 15 psi the dyno operator yelled for me to shut it down cause my air\fuel was rising to a sizzling 15:1 even with the staic fp at 48 line off. so i put in the 50's and its ok at 15 pounds but anymore and it pops. i was running jay carters chips. since then i have a new mill with me-16 pos and a double pumper and 72's, no more lean pop!

Very Interesting Matt. Those GN1's must flow that much better then my stockers. My heads have been worked but they are still stockers. How are those 72's on the street? Streetable enough for a daily driver?

I love 87Octane's mods

S2000 antenna, polished valve cover, Kenwood headunit, 5%tint, blacklight interior light, Blue neon valve stem lights, Type R floormats, Xenon lights

You gotta love the perspective he brings though

Looks like a pattern

That just kills me, about the ricer fly-bys, happens to me on occasion. I'm cruisin at 50 slowing down for redlights, (trolling) when here comes a civic VTEC doing 80 mph, weaving traffic, and just acting as annoying as a nat. With premium at 1.61 a gallon I'm not going to "chase" down a ricer just for a run. If he want's some lets line it up at the light! - BB:p

Pschoboy....do you ever go to the Pavillions? If so....Do you know BOB(basically stock '87 GN that owns a transmission shop I think is aamco or something) Anyway....nice cars and keep on bringing in the numbers. If you do see him, tell him Tyson w/ the GTP said Hi, and nice run at speedworld.