Rice vs 528 Hemi

OnlyNeed6

I was with my neighbor in his 68 Road Runner. Thing is absolutely awesome ... Torqueflight w/ manual valve body , 528 Hemi crate motor , tubbed with massive rubber ... anyways I have ridden with him several times but he never gets on it. Today him and I went to Kragen Auto Parts to get oil/filter for his truck and as we pull out this idiot in a gooked-out Civic Si with 700 hp in stickers and wings pulled up on his ass. The street clears out and we are doing like 40 mph in 3rd gear and this fool in the rice downshifts and winds up hard and pulled up next to us ... looks over as he powershifts up and he pointed forward as in he wanted to race. Next thing I know my buddy drops it into 2nd the car jumped sideways for a second and he wound it up to 7,000 rpm and bumped it into 3rd and stayed in it until 100 mph at 6,000 rpm ... I havent been pinned into my seat so hard in anything like this ... the rice never had a chance to figure out what was happening ... we went from 45-100 mph in what seemed like a a couple seconds. Later that day I cruised down the street and saw 20 + feet of thick , wide rubber marks:D

Nice. Gotta love the Mopar. any track times on that beast? Isn't that the 600+hp crate motor?

I have been coaxing him to go run BUT he wont because he doesnt want to have to install roll cage in his car and most tracks around here are 1/8th mile ... I went with him when he put his car on the dyno

672 RWHP @ 5700 rpm
584 lb/ft @ 4600 rpm

Interior is all original and in PERFECT shape ... only thing thats not stock is the carpet kit and console shifter (originally it was column shifted)

Sweet car... even I wouldn't mess with a mopar. That's what I hate about ricers, they think they can mess with and beat everything out there until they get schooled. He probably went over to Pep Boys aka Rice Boys to pick up some more stickers. :rolleyes:

:D LOLOLOL "700 hp in stickers and wings". That's too funny!!

How true is that!!

It really is all about education. This idiot probably thought he had an easy win. I think he figured since it "looked" like the one on the fast and the dilerious that he had a chance. Another rice cake must bite the dust. Good kill. Although that's like congratulating a person for stepping on an ant. :D

NIIICE !

That was my first car...had a '68 black one with a 383ci, which didn't stay in the egine compartment too long. Stuck a 440ci of a GTX a month after I bought the car. Loved it, long Hurst competition plus shifter on the floor and loe hanging Hooker headers like the ones on the picture. Brings back a lot of GREAT memories.

Beautiful car! Very cool.

I don't know, I'd happily embarass myself just like that ricer to see that car take off like that. ;)