Rice Education!

Pat

Boost Conseuer!
This past Fri. night my girlfriend and I went out for dinner to a local town, Hickory, NC. After eating we got back in the black beast and headed toward 70, which is a busy 6 lane road. There's always a lot of rice out on the weekends up there. Anyhow, the fist light we pull up to these two kids drive up in a TSI Talon. The light turns green and he nails it, to go 200 ft.! So the next lignt we get to I powerbrake it right at his passenger window. Now he's interested! The light turned green again and I walked him like no tommorow, without building any boost on the line. He then pulled up and stated that that wasn't very fair cause I had some sort of twin turbo V8 that was made for the dragstrip! After some talking he finally agreed to pull over and check it out. Even after counting the sparkplugs he didn't believe it was factory until his friend pointed out the hood insulation. Then I was accused of ussing "NOSSSS", that's accually what he called it! I then had to explain the Alky. I'm almost to the point of taking the alky off that's happened so many times. It's not like theres that much around here that you can't outrun with just #16's. Anyhow, he learned a lesson, I wish I had a Sy/Ty, he wouldn't have know what hit him from a stop!

Don't you love the people that call nitrous 'nahs'? You gotta love the rice and the ridiculous generated gear heads...

Wonder what they call HKS or TRD? Maybe TRD is 'turd'... dunno what they'd use for HKS.

God, some days I am ashamed to own a DSM. I love my car, I have fun in it, but even if it was an AWD I wouldn't go up against a GN, (or a Turbo buick anything). Seeing idiots like the Talon Tsi owner in the post really makes me mad. Most of the DSMers I know around here will not mess with a turbo Buick, unless they just wanna see how bad they will get beaten.

There are exceptions. I personally know AWD DSM owners who run in the 12s, and one guy who runs 12s, on street tires, with a FWD car. I have seen quite a few of our cars run 11s, 10s, and one guy who ran a 9.90. (Jon Shepherd, 2001 DSM Shootout, Norwalk, Ohio).
Took a lot of money and broken parts to get there, I would imagine.

Unfortunately, they are not the norm. I have seen quite a few people mouth off about V8s, and then they get spanked. I guess every group of car "genre" owners has their fair share of idiots who think they own the fastest car in the world.

A lot of you, I would guess, run 12s or faster. I guess I just figured it this way-most of the time, the people who own any type of fast car are going to mod it. You Buick guys (and gals?) are like the Supra owners. Your cars are pretty quick bone stock, but when you start modding, you wonder why the hell the engineers didn't do all that stuff in the first place.

As for the whole "naws" thing: 1) I totally hate that term. When I hear some idiot say that, I wanna smash their face in with an old lamp. I used to be a V8 guy, and there are many things to call nitrous that don't sound anywhere near as stupid as that term.

2) I don't understand why they even use the word "naws." Yeah, there is a company called Nitrous Oxide Systems, and they have some pretty popular kits. I supposed you could compare it to using the word Kleenex instead of tissue, but it is still totally lame.

Ok, just had to stand up for the non-rice DSM members.

I know what you mean. I hang out with the guys in Columbus DSM, they're all pretty cool. Some of the are rice boys, some have fast cars. Theres only one of them I know that has a DSM that will beat my v8, and its always broken. Anyway... rice boys are gay. ;)

I have lots of respect for the DSM guys that I run with at the track I just had to laugh at this guy I ran accross. I figured since he owned a turbo car and was talking about upgrades, he would know what a TR is?? He even claimed that "he knew it was a turbo car cause he could hear my BOV!" I was wonder how that was? I really like the DSM's, but obviously some aren't too smart!

I know what you mean. I hate when you pull up to someone thinking they have a cool car and it's gona be someone cool driving it. Then it turns out to be some 16 year old douche bag whos mommy bought him whatever he wanted. Then after you blow their doors off they wonder what happened and make excuses. I get the ya well you have 4 more pistons crap all the time my reply is always the same... "do you have a point? you run nitrous, and could have a turbo... I'm all motor"... ohwell some people will always be total morons.

DSM=Diamond Star Motors. Includes Eagle Talon, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Galant, and 3000GT. Also the Dodge Stealth, I think, and the Plymouth Laser.

HI PAT, I LIVE 20 MIN. FROM HICKORY. I KNOW JUST WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. YEARS AGO HICKORY WAS FULL OF V8 MUSCLE CARS, AND NO LESS THAN 15 TURBO BUICKS. NOW THERE IS ONLY RICE. THINK I WILL TAKE THE G.N. DOWN HWY. 70 FOR A LITTLE LATE NIGHT SNACK.....MABY SOME RICE.

I believe they are the same car. Someone could correct me on it though.

i noticed that they look really similar and an r/t is about 4-6 thousand less than a VR4. its those damn rices that think the red diamonds make it cool because its an "import". im thinking about buying a stealth rt

Hey guys (and gals?).....i'm kinda new to this message board but I had to chime in! I've owned an '87 Buick GN for about 8 years and also a '92 Mitsu. 3000GT VR4 for about 6 years. Both are heavily modded and should put out about 475 HP each (way too many mods to list right now). I love both my toys.......both are Bad ASS rides!! In my opinion......i don't discriminate if a car is an import or domestic......I appreciate ALL cars......period! I've had a history of cars ('71 Nova, '85 Camaro, '84 Mustang GT convertible, '87 Buick GN, '90 Talon Tsi AWD, '92 Mitsu. 3000GT VR4, Ford Taurus, Infiniti G20, Dodge Intrepid, Saturn, list goes on and on.....lol) ;)

To answer your question about the similarity between the Dodge Stealth RT/TT and Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 (both are Twin Turbos); Yes, they are similar cars and are practically synonymous cars! Both are Mitsubishi (DSM) products just like the Eagle Talon and Mitsu. Eclipse. But the Dodge Stealth is definitely more "rarer" than the 3000GT since the Stealth was discontinued in 1996 and the 3000GT was produced until 1999. The Dodge Stealth is slightly lighter therefore: for race purposes, most choose the Stealth. There are non-turbo models of both the Stealth and the 3000GT, so make sure you are aware of that! There are base model Stealths and 3000GT (obviously they are NOT turbo models) and also the Stealth RT and 3000GT SL are also NOT turbo models. The Turbo models in the Stealth series is the STealth RT/TT and in the Mitsu. 3000GT, it's the VR4 model (both are twin turbos). Hope that helps, guys & gals........errrrrr....sorry about the long post!!

SSSSSSeeeee ya at the races!!!

Turbodrvn, you should add that the twin turbo models of the Stealth and 3000GT are AWD, while the lower models are all FWD (correct me if I'm wrong). But thanks for the details. :)

Heheh

Awsome kill. Gotta love schooling ricers.

HKS = Hikks

Sad thing is.. about the age group of ricers, I see the NIRA crap on Speedvision lately.. theres a lot of older crowd getting into it too. I'm not saying OLD.. just oldER [then teens]. Most of that crowd today looks like anywhere from 16 to 35. Just to come forward.. I'm only 19 (20 in July) and I was NEVER into imports. I may respect the Supra and a couple others, but I'd never ride around in some silly ass, lowered Honda with 20" rims, ear-drum busting stereo, and DVD screens in the visors and headrests. No effing way. :rolleyes: I mean.. look at my member status under user name. That sums up how I feel about imports. I also give partial credit to my father. I was basically raised on muscle cars. Eventually that 10-second '70 Olds 442 will be mine as well. :D