Rewiring the headlights.

Jordan_J

I know I read on here before that some people rewired their headlights with a 10 or 12 gauge wire. If I start at the connectors at the headlights where do I finish at? The switches under the dash? I had some gremlins in the wiring either shorts or grounds perhaps both and I definitely needed to take care of them before I upgrade to HID's.

What I've done is to wire them to relays, such as a fuel pump hot-wire kit. This takes the load off the switch and the bulk head connector. Place the relays under the hood near the head lights. Use the former head light wires from the dash/column to operate the relays.

Run power from either the battery or alternator to the relays, then on to the headlights. Two relays as one for low beam and the other for high beam.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Or just get the HID kit. They come configured with hot wire and relays. :cool:

I knew that much but should I replace the old wiring with newer before I put in an HID kit?

For instance when I turn on my right turn signal the two bottom bumper lights don't flash at the same time they flash at opposite times. And if my headlights are on my bright comes on with it and pulsates very lightly.