Revs but no go... tranny or convertor?

disco stu

Car revs but barely rolls the car forward. Seems to have reverse. Went on a series of 3rd gear pulls. When I was happy with the tune I went from a 25 roll and let it drop down into 1st. 2nd seemed to hang momentarilly. let out of it and coasted to a stop at an intersection. When I went to go, the car would hardly move forward at all. Fluid level and condition looked ok, but smells a little cooked now.

Convertor is a billet 9/11, tranny is built by a good reputable builder, but I don't know how it's built, and I'm not sure if the owner does either.

And when I shift into drive, I can feel it drop into gear. But it just...slips like a bad clutch would.

low fluid pressure for whatever reason

I suspect the forward frictions are toast. I once had a defective convertor which would not allow the convertor to fully engage into the pump. 1 pass down the track and next attempt @ a pass it wouldn't back out of parking spot. Fried forward frictions. Take a trans line loose @ top of rad. and see if it is pumping fluid.

Jake Shoe should be able to help you if you want to call him. Send me a PM and I'll send you his number John. He's around Denton but you come up here sometimes so you should be able to take it to him.

Car revs but barely rolls the car forward. Seems to have reverse. Went on a series of 3rd gear pulls. When I was happy with the tune I went from a 25 roll and let it drop down into 1st. 2nd seemed to hang momentarilly. let out of it and coasted to a stop at an intersection. When I went to go, the car would hardly move forward at all. Fluid level and condition looked ok, but smells a little cooked now.

Convertor is a billet 9/11, tranny is built by a good reputable builder, but I don't know how it's built, and I'm not sure if the owner does either.

Drop the pan and see if filter got loose or maybe clogged.

Check governor spring. it may have broke out. I've done that twice. Top speed should be about 20mph! Drop pan, pull governor thing, I think its pretty easy to check, and easy to fix if that's the problem.