Returning to the Darkside...=)

GNX092

Hello all, I am returning to the darkside after about a 10 year hiatus. I bought a used 1987 GN from a local Buick dealer in 1989 and drove it daily for about 2 1/2 years until I sold it and bought a SUV.

I really missed my GN for years but after getting married, having children and starting a business didnt really have the time to dedicate to a "hobby" (as my wife calls it).

Well I am back, I recently purchased GNX092 from a dealer in ILL. who specializes in low mileage collectables. The car had 3049 miles on it (now 3264), it is mint condition really with some minor issues inherent to the regal (door / window rattles and the like), and a minor ding in the drivers door.

As I have been lurking on the boards I am noticing that there is alot more "aftermarket" mods available now for these cars, and you guys really know your stuff. Not really sure which way I am going to head with my car as of yet. I may keep it completely stock and head out to some local shows, or pull out the irreplaceables shelve em and have some fun.

Either way it is good to be back and I just wanted to say thanks for all of the useful info I have received on these boards and keep up the good work.

Oh yeah, and although rice really isn't meant to be smoked it sure is fun doing it.....=)

Best wishes to all and Happy 4th!!!

Originally posted by GNX092
Hello all, I am returning to the darkside after about a 10 year hiatus. I bought a used 1987 GN from a local Buick dealer in 1989 and drove it daily for about 2 1/2 years until I sold it and bought a SUV.

I really missed my GN for years but after getting married, having children and starting a business didnt really have the time to dedicate to a "hobby" (as my wife calls it).

Well I am back, I recently purchased GNX092 from a dealer in ILL. who specializes in low mileage collectables. The car had 3049 miles on it (now 3264), it is mint condition really with some minor issues inherent to the regal (door / window rattles and the like), and a minor ding in the drivers door.

As I have been lurking on the boards I am noticing that there is alot more "aftermarket" mods available now for these cars, and you guys really know your stuff. Not really sure which way I am going to head with my car as of yet. I may keep it completely stock and head out to some local shows, or pull out the irreplaceables shelve em and have some fun.

Either way it is good to be back and I just wanted to say thanks for all of the useful info I have received on these boards and keep up the good work.

Oh yeah, and although rice really isn't meant to be smoked it sure is fun doing it.....=)

Best wishes to all and Happy 4th!!!

Hell of a way to return, getting a GNX. You came back in style! :D

I say remove the irreplacables and have some fun! The turbo, etc. If that turbo dies, you can't get another. :( Don't be one of these guys who gets a GNX then never drives it! Have some fun with the car, drive it how it was meant to be driven, strike fear into the hearts of ricers everywhere! Much more fun than shows..

Hey if you want to get rid of the window rattles, go to www.kirbanperformance.com and get the booklet he sells about getting rid of window rattles and wind noise. I just got mine in the mail and it's got some good info. Seems to be well worth the $20.

I vote for car shows and driving it on nice weekends. Take off the turbo and shelve it.

If you want a race car buy a TR or GN and mod that.

With that low of miles and limited production I would leave it alone.

Just my $.02 though!

Have fun!

:D

Joel

lol....as I told my Dad (who loves cars himself) if I am going to do it why not do it right....=)

I bought it from a dealer in Westmont ILL called Ogden Motors...They are are very nice folks and it really was an easy experience....

As far as what I plan to do it is still up in the air, but I have to say I am planning on replacing the turbo and IC as soon as my wife lets me splurge....Although I am not looking for a 10 sec race car I would like to get on it every now and then without fear of doing the car an injustice and blowing something I cant replace.....

Anyway, I am working on pics right now as I type this I am charging the battery to my digi, so bear with me and I will post them ASAP.....Once again thx for all of your responses and opinions keep em coming and take it easy.....=)

James

http://groups.msn.com/GNX092/gnx092.msnw

Just shot em...kind of getting dark here and my lights in the garage leave a bit to be desired but here she is.....Let me know what you guys think....talk to you soon....As it is time to take another short run (3rd today)....This one with my two oldest children (7 & 5) who love the car and when it shifts from 1st to 2nd giggle to each other in the back and inevitably say something to the affect "wow this is alot faster than mom's van"....=)

Later guys,

James

GNX

She sounds like a beauty! Good Luck! If you don't mind me asking, how much did she set ya back, with that low of mileage and the condition.