Results going from a Pats 3200 to a David Husek 3250 converter

BARRACUDA1968

I haven't had my GN very long but I decided to go run it at the strip several weeks ago. I was disappointed in the results to say the least. I installed an A/F gauge to help me tune along with my SM.

Shortly there after I had a converter failure so I did some homework and ran across Dave Husek and he set me up with one of his new converters with some new ideas in it. I have the first one. Dave will need to chime in and give the details.

I installed the converter and left everything else the same as far as the tune and went back to the track. I did add 28" tires over the 25" DR's I had on the car the first time I ran it.

I'm not bashing anyones product just giving a fair comparison from what I had to what I have now.

Best run with old converter 13.47 at 100.13 mph 2.00 60 ft

Best run with Dave's Converter 12.789 at 109.39 mph 2.073 60 ft (we4Mateo is in the other lane)

This converter is better on the street too, builds boost quicker and Dave has it set up to couple at 4800 rpm which I can feel.

Next time I go to the track I'll have my slicks on and get some 1.7's. If you listen close in the video you will hear my tires light up at the 60 ft mark. I could'nt put anymore power to the tires that day so I'll have to wait till spring to see what the car will really do. My tune was rich and I had 3 degrees of timing taken out to be safe.

Nice! I'll have to see what a NLU billet cover one cost
Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I installed the converter and left everything else the same as far as the tune and went back to the track.

I take it you're happy with it so far?

What stall do you have on the brake?

I'm real happy with it. I drive mostly street and it has better manners. But when you want to run it couples a lot better upstairs. I really haven't paid attention to brake stall but it will flash to 3250 right now.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Get it tuned right and maybe you'll kick we4Mateo's butt.

LOL after meeting we4Mateo I doubt I'll be kicking his butt anytime soon. He's got his car hooked up and I'm sure he knows how to crank it up if need be.:)

He is a super great guy to hang out with and made sure I had a good time that day. Top notch!

Dave is a great guy, he built my car from the bottom up to the T/B.... Good luck with the converter