Researching Toyota Pickup swaps I stumbled upon this Buick info...

Project TNX

Toyota Engine Adapters - Ford, GM, Chevy V6, V8 Conversion Kits

NWOR offers the highest quality V6 and V8 conversions available. The V6 conversions are for high-tech 4.3L Chevy Vortec engines. The 4.3L Vortec engines are smoother running, run cooler, and are much more powerful than the Buicks. The Buick V6 engines, due to engineering design flaws, have bad vibration problems which are amplified when installed in the Toyota truck's rigid chassis.[/b] This is especially irritating at freeway speeds! With the 4.3 V6 conversions you have the option of retaining your Toyota '85-'95 5-speed transmission allowing full compression braking, or adapting to the GM automatic transmission.

The 3.8 liter Buick engine is often used in Toyota conversions. There are many parts available for the Buick motor and it is a bit smaller and lighter than the Chevy V6. However, the Buick has a worse vibration problem and tends to run a bit on the hot side. There is also a Turbo version of the Buick engine, but is best avoided for any application where the truck will have slow or limited cooling air flow.

What the heck are they talking about? Of the numerous engines I have ever owned, I would put the 3.8 and 3800 on the top of the list as the smoothest engine I ever had. I also never observed any tendancy to overheat or run hot, in either n/a, supercharged, or turbocharged. WTF???

I have decided to build up an 81-83 Toyota 4x4 as my beater, and I was just checking out all the options. I do have a spare LC9 and everything I would need to go with it, but I will nto be doing another engine swap anytime soon, no way, no how, LOL. I figure I can do a driver's restoration on one for ~$5,000.00 and that's with replacing the rusted out metal bed with a fiberglass knock off. :eek:

yoter.jpg

Why use a jap truck ?.....no sense in feeding a foreign economy.

I don't think me purchasing a 1981-83 truck is going to kill our economy. :rolleyes: Besides, Japan is intertwined with us, builds a lot of vehicles in America and the sworn enemy of China. ;)