Reproduction 16 by 8 GNX Wheels

Dennis Kirban

Its been probably almost 2 years since the reproduction 16 by 8 black mesh style GNX wheels have last been available except for ones that pop up on ebay or some of our old style Kirban wheels.

We are happy to report that another source has made them. We helped on this project mainily with advice as to what offsets to make. At this time these are only available from my company - Kirban Performance and the company that had them made.

The first skid of them is currently in route to us and we already have several sets sold when they arrive next week.

On our website type in part number #7219 for full details. Here is a summary of the price and description. They have zero offset meaning this is the popular offset that fits under a stock 1984-1987 Turbo Regal and clears everything. They are clear coated. Available 100% complete meaning center caps GNX decal, 20 correct two piece lug nuts, 4 chrome valve stems all you need to buy besides is 4 16 inch tires & air.

We have a flat UPS shipping rate included in the price for the basic 48 states. The price is $1494.95 to your door. Your credit card would not be charged until we ship them next week. Canada and elsewhere call for shipping charges.

Two options to consider: You can sell us back your stock GN wheels if they are like new condition. Heck you can ship them in the same boxes you get the GNX wheels in. We have a current need for dead stock original 1986-1987 turbos. They are worth $125 credit each to us at this time. If you got 4 or 5 of them it adds up!

No other wheel looks better on a GN than the GNX style wheels. This also goes for most of the t colors especially the white ones. You also shave about 45 lbs of rotating weight over the steel chrome GN wheels.

Again only our company and the company behind this project are the only current dealers.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Remember only our company and one other source has these available.

Do you happen to know where the wheels are cast? Just curious if I would be buying Chinese, American, or alien-made wheels.

GNX style wheels are now in stock made overseas as probably 90% of the repro wheels are...however my Kirban style wheels GNX versions we used to sell were made in the USA using ARE original tooling...

Even al lthe new Camaro ss emblems and Corvette hood latches are made in South Korea.....I know as we buy them for other projects.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Weren't the originals made in Japan?

Weren't the originals made in Japan?

Possibly remember they were based on the TA wheel so tooling more than likely still existed only offset was altered...kinda like GMC did with the Syclone dash same dash was used in the Pontiac Sunbird...

Or, take the eariy Rivera wheel 84 version? Looks like the 86-87 GN wheel except for offset....

lots of stuff is similar..

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Any chance that other sizes may be available? Would like a set in 17 or 18, need to clear C5 brakes.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

There is a real demand for these wheels in the larger 17-18in sizes. I don't see why they can't be made. I would buy a set in a heart beat. There are only a couple tire choices now for 16in wheels and alot of us have upgraded to large brakes of some kind.