Replacing lighted sun visor

GrandV6

Replacing vanity light sun visor (and driver as well). Are they simple to swap out? Assume there is some kind of wire disconnect under the head liner. Any insight would be appreciated.

What are you replacing it with? The lighted passenger sun visors are very very sought after...especially for the T top cars.
Anyway...there is an orange wire ( i believe) with a black connector that will be up in the headliner. Just fish it out and disconnect it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

My wire actually comes thru the frame ( T Top car) of the hole where the sunvisor attaches to. If you look at a sunvisor that has been removed the wire goes thru the hinge ( metal piece. ) . I 2nd that quote on t top sunvisors.

Are the t-top car lighted visors different than the hardtop/moonroof car lighted visors?

Been meaning to ask what u just did an What if u didn't have light pass visor on a ttop can you use hard top visors.

TRY ME!!

Are the t-top car lighted visors different than the hardtop/moonroof car lighted visors?
Yes. The hinge is different. Like OP said...the wire actually comes thru the hinge. The hinges are different with or without the lighted option. T top visors are very hard to find and the lighted are impossible.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Look at the mounting bracket of the sun visor..........the hardtop sun visor bracket is rounded,( i.e. curved), the T-Top sun visor bracket is flat......that's the difference.

Bruce '87 Grand National