Replacing fuel lines how hard is it?

I want to replace my fuel lines from the tank to the front of the car how hard is it?

buy the prebent ones and you will have no problems.usually around $100
don't attempt to patch your lines as somebody did that on 2 of my cars and it leads to a restriction.

in order to do the rear section of fuel line on my car i had to lift the body off the frame a little by unbolting the body from the frame be careful of your rear bumper fillers or take off your rear bumper in case.

my buddy converted a low mile NA regal to FI and changed the line and did not have to unbolt the body.

front line is real easy

What's wrong with the ones on there now? I wouldn't replace them at all unless they are damaged in some way.

I see. However, the fuel lines run along the driver's side if I'm not mistaken. Only the transmission lines are anywhere near the downpipe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct, the fule lines run down the drivers side of the vehicle protruding from the crossmember up under the AC pump. I too am confused by the leaking on the down pipe. The transmission and Oil cooler lines are on that side? Maybe leaking from higher up around the front of the block or the intake? Let us know.

Now for your question, the fuel lines can be purchased in the prebent lines as stock replacements. This is not too expensive and works very well. However if you are interested you can replace the lines with High Pressure FI hose through out. To be honest it will probably cost more to use the FI hose than the replacement metal lines. You have a couple of options though if you need them.

I see. However, the fuel lines run along the driver's side if I'm not mistaken. Only the transmission lines are anywhere near the downpipe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The return line goes down the pass side frame rail. Mine was leaking like a hose when I brought the car out of retirement :rolleyes:

I replaced all rubber lines near the fuel tank last week when I upgraded to the Denso pump(6 rubber lines).

The original vent line was falling apart. I would recommend replacing these with new lines. The lines are molded, however, I would suspect any replacements would have exceeded maximum shelf life. Maximum acceptable life is 7 years - date of manufacture is stampped on the lines. I bought fuel lines off a spool from Advance Auto Parts & forced them to fit - not really needing much of a bend. Lines are 3 different sizes: 3/8", 5/16", & 1/4", 2 ' of each size was plenty.

Thank You Roger,
I had just posted earlier today re: size and length for gas tank lines, I can now be certain of which to buy. BTW do they all need to be fuel injection lines or just the 3/8 and 5/16? thanks, Mark

Us ONLY fuel injection hose on a Turbo Buick. (it IS fuel injected, isn't it?)

If you have a slpit in a metal line and only want to splice in a section, it is not going to hurt anything. The notion that it will cause a restriction is NOT possible. The biggest restriction in the factory fuel line is the factory Saginaw fittings that go into the filter, fuel rail, out of the frame rail. Look at the section that has the o-ring on it. It necks down to .257". That's just a tad over a 1/4". There are guys running 150+mph with a 1/4" fuel line.:eek: (stock fuel lines)

Now with that said, your fuel lines are 20 years old, and could stand to be replaced. Use steel replacement lines or use AN braided hose.

+1 on daily drifter, the return line runs down the pass side. i have my body off my frame now if you want a pic to see how they are run, it might help.