Replacement Spedometer Cable?

Hedge

I went to remove my speedo cable the other day to grease it up so it would stop bouncing and making that noise it makes. I could not get the thing apart. It appears to come in 3 pieces. I went to the local auto parts store and they only appear to sell what looks like the bottom 3rd that goes to the trany. Anybody know where you can obtain and complete replacement from dash to trany?

Check on Amazon.com, they sell an AC Delco replacement 1 piece speedo cable... I think I paid maybe $40 shipped for mine

Hey man I just replaced mine and I got them from the GM dealer ship. Mine came with a two piece cable on it. The guy at the dealership looked it up and it either came with a two piece or one cable, which is 100 inches long. Installed with no problem. Mike

Napa

Got a new one piece replacement. The GM replacements were so old that even a new one was lousy and made the speedo bounce.

Thanks for the information. Just as an update. I did order the 1 piece AC-Delco cable off Amazon and I installed it this weekend. Fairly easy install. It eliminated the bounce my speedo needle had and it got rid of the cable inside the sheath grinding noise that was happening. Definitely worth doing if your speedo needle is bouncing.