Replacement speaker

iwantatta

After many years of listening to the stock stereo, i want to improve my stereo. I'm an old school audio guy and am looking to keep it clean and go with some vintage audio stuff reminiscent of its era. Just bought a PPI Pro Mos 450 Brand new and still in box. Looking to use it to run the whole system. Also have some old JL W6's sitting around.

What are the speaker sizes up front and in the back? Crutchfield seems to give multiple sizes for the same location.

Fronts are definitely 4x6. I think the backs might be 6x9. There are probably multiple sizes because over the years they offered upgraded stereos with separate amps and component speakers in the rear.

The front driver side is the tricky one as there's not much room for the magnet of the speaker ... I got some JBL's (can't remember the model at the moment) that do fit but very tight fit so make sure you get some that do fit ... passenger side is not a problem just the driver side.

The front driver side is the tricky one as there's not much room for the magnet of the speaker ... I got some JBL's (can't remember the model at the moment) that do fit but very tight fit so make sure you get some that do fit ... passenger side is not a problem just the driver side.

Thats what i was worried about. I'm hoping to fit some infinity kappas in there. Sounds like i'll have to remove the stock ones to get a better idea on the mounting depth.