Replacement radio not working

ibroussard

About a year ago, I bought one of Kirban's replacement radios with CD player and equalizer. It's from a later model GM car, but I don't have the specifics. I just got around to installing it today, and it doesn't work. Symptoms are that pressing the power button does nothing. However, I can press RCL and the clock will display for a few seconds, and I can set the clock, so power is getting to the unit. Didn't try putting in a CD because I didn't want to take a chance on it getting eaten. I used the adapter cable that Kirban provides, and everything plugged up easily. I don't think there is any way to accidentally switch any wires.

It's an 87 GN with CS. When I put the old radio back in, it worked fine.

I tried calling Kirban, but they are closed for the long weekend, and I wanted to get this thing working today.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Ira

if you can put old radio in,and it works,then the new radio or HARNESS ADAPTOR is your problem...seems that new radio is not getting the ignition power,looks like it has memory(battery).check the yellow wire on the black plug(car side)and follow to new radio to make sure that a pin is not pulled out of any plugs...other yellow lead on blue plug is a rear speaker lead so you dont get them confused