Repair info:Power steering pump leak + Jeep Steering Column Upgrade

Jondevieon

Hello guys and thanks in advance for any and all help. My 87' GN has had a bad steering pump leak for a while , ive spent almost $100 in fluid by now i guess i may as well stop being lazy and put some work into it! I have a few questions though regarding this repair.

Where is a good place to find a DIY repair/ service manuals or software - Coming from the world of Volvo we use software called Vida that allows us to look up CEL codes as well as detailed repair manuals with complete diagrams and part numbers - whats the equivalent to this for our cars?

second, Is there a DYI for the steering pump online anywhere, cant find any with pics or vids just general walkthroughs.

The third question i have is it a good idea to swap out the steering column with the jeep upgrade while i replace the steering pump? im not 100% familiar with the layout of all the components i just imagine these two are adjacent to each other but may be mistaken.

" im not 100% familiar with the layout of all the components i just imagine these two are adjacent to each other but may be mistaken."

Huh?
Welcome to the Buick world...
Suggest you find someone local, that's into these cars, that can get you started , in the right direction.
AIRC, there are other members here, that may have the shop manuals on disc. They may respond.
Googled any of this? Here's some info.
https://www.google.com/search?q=198...INDKswWClLmIBQ&start=10&sa=N&biw=1229&bih=556
In the FWIW dept... It may be the feed line that's leaking, and running down the line, onto the pump.
The Jeep shaft can tighten up the steering response.

I'd just remove the power steering pump and replace it with a new (re-man) unit.
It's the least expensive route to go!
Other option is sending your pump out for a rebuild ( new seals / "O" rings) etc, but that will end up costing more than the new Re-man replacement.

Yes I did google, I pride myself in not just spamming the forum with questions that have already been asked - even if that's exactly what I just did... [emoji20]

This car has actually been in the family for as long as I have been ( a proper introduction thread is due ) and was my xmas gift this last year since my dad got a new GN and a ctsv, he is my expert but has never done the pump before.

I saw the YouTube video for the pulley removal, I'm aware I'll need a special tool and that it's better to remove the entire unit (pulley and pump) then separate them on a bench. Whats the best way to diagnose if it's just the feed lines? For the price I don't mind swapping the pump but maybe I should swap the lines too? Is it all one unit?

Reason I ask about the jeep shaft and the powering steering pump is just to see if it's something I can swap out all at once.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk