Repair cracked header in CT

cicia1

Hello all,

Does anyone know where I can get my cracked header welded in CT. My car is a 87 stock GN with the passenger side header cracked. Right now the car is in Tolland, but I don't mind traveling to get it fixed. Also how much does the repair usually cost.

Thanks in advance

If you want someone relatively nearby,try Jack Cotton[1-800-639-0531].He's in Agawam Mass.Seen lots of guys from Conn. at his shop.Hope that helps.

All 3 ideas are good. Mike McCoy and Jack C. both would be good to deal with, no problems there. :)

If you try a local welder I have a heat sink piece of steel flat plate you can bolt a stocker to.

I am just outside New Haven.

My welder is in Torrington, not sure if he is any good though, haven't put mine on the GN yet. ;)

Do a search on the topic of how to weld the header if you get a local guy to do it.

Mine cost me $25 including re-welding the heat shields back on. It was a drivers side one.

Only MIG welded not TIG with stainless rod.

Get some prices from Mike and Jack, prolly the easiest way to go if you are in a hurry. :)

Im pretty sure my drivers side header is cracked also....Anyone know anyone in maine that will weld it for me? How much do you think...I would goto Cottons but they are a drive for me like almost 4 hrs... I live near the Portland area...Thanks
Sleeper87

That's funny, I'm on my way right now to pick up my driver side header from reliable welding in Enfield. By the way $20 bucks

good luck

See but my car is my only car, my daily driver so it snot like i can take the header off have it welded and pick it up the next week, so i have no idea what to do...Thanks
Sleeper87

sleeper87, you might have to find another one and have that one repaired so you have less down time. BTW, taking off the drive side was a mother, well at least mine was. Good Luck

cicia..try to borrow a head to bolt it to wile welding or it will warp, and have it tig welded.

After thinking about this your probably better off to have yours fixed. I would rather do this job once then twice. JMO
Good luck :D

Driver side, on and off 1 hour if you presoak all the bolts and have swivels, etc. Passenger requires removing turbo, DP, etc. I'd plan a weekend day for that one.

SalvageV6, I may take you up on your offer, since I work in New Haven (Railroad Station)-I probably won't have time to get the header out until next weekend though.