Repaint Progress

Shawn N

The ghost of NRH
After 3 months of waiting for the Stormtrooper to come back home, it's almost ready. This is a complete strip of all the lacquer inside and out. Car has been re-sprayed several times in the past by previous owners and had deep cracking (into the primer) on the roof, trunk lid, and trunk body panel. It's also getting a new drivers side floor pan due to a rainwater leak. No major rot but several pinholes were present after I stripped it with a wire wheel. So we are just going to knock that out to while it's there and all apart. Total cost will be in the $9500 range. I have at least $4,000 in NOS GM parts that took 2 years to track down. Some parts were unavailable or way to much to purchase and Goodmark parts (door hinges, front fillers, headlight bezels, SFI emblems, and floor pan) will fill the bill. I've decided to rebadge it as a T-Type because I'm really sick of explaining the whole T thing to people on the street and it just looks better to me. I'm not going to name the shop for he only takes one paint job at a time.

026.jpg 027.jpg 028.jpg 029.jpg 030.jpg 032.jpg 033.jpg 035.jpg 036.jpg 037.jpg

More pics and it's coming home on Mon after 4 months. We went with 80's GM cameo white. The paint job, ds floor pan, body work on minor hail damage/door dings/pillar cracks, and installing a factory spoiler is $8800.

002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 014.jpg 018.jpg 019.jpg 020.jpg