Renting out Royal Purple Raceway in Houston TX 11/10/2013

Quint

Hey guys. Fear is ready to start testing and I wanted to get a good track to test at. Royal Purple (Houston TX) is ideal with mine shaft conditions this time of year and track prep is great. Its $1500 to rent out Sunday from 10-5pm and I can bring 4 more cars and of course it will help on cost. If your interested, please shoot me an email or call at 210-573-8988. Its basically $300 a car and this track will be prepped as though it were a National Event. I am Testing my 275's and if your cage is certed to 8.50's, but you are going to run 7.90's to 8.20's, your good. Let me know for sure if your in by Thursday. Thanks

So, is billy going to tune your car there then? and what about a car with no cage running 9's ? My guess is "no".

looks like there's no way for me to make it.. we're planning on going to SAR for midnight madness Saturday.

When your paying, they tyrn thier heads fir the most part. When it's under normal business hours, they revert back to full nhra rules. I wld do midnight madness, but have ny son's bday that evening.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Yes Billy will be tuning.

Well the result was we found out 2nd gear was in need of updating and transcooler as well. The new turbo is a beast, but now that I don't run nos to help spool, we got more heat build up. We had car set very fat and very low boost. The tranny is out and will be back in car pretty quick. While I was at it, I updated to an MSD digital 7 with a 3 step. Will be running some 8th mile test hits in dallas in a couple if weeks hopefully

I am surprised how cold it is here in Houston. I'm headed to that track today to do some tuning on a couple of super stock cars.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Wow surprised at having to upgrade trans cooling.

How big was your cooler to begin with?

Cal, how long you going to be in Houston?

Cal, how long you going to be in Houston?

I got here yesterday, leaving tomorrow afternoon. I was hoping to see a couple Buicks at the track today, but looks like all v8 stuff

Ah, being mid week really doesn't help and doesnt seem to be much Buick racing in south tx lately.

Not sure of size. Tranny is out and being looked at and fixed. May not need it.

Dang Cal, I didn't know you came out this way much. Yes its alot colder than normal, thats for sure.

I'm a fan of the B&M that's 11x8x1.5".. about as big as anything out there except for huge ford powerstroke tranny coolers. nice one to have unless you go with a fan/cooler setup.

Your the guy that owns fear at bills shop?
Nice to meet ya.
I'm up there all the time mostly.
Friend of bill and Preston. And they help me with mine all the time.
I've seen fear up there since it first arrived.

Hey nice to meet you. Fear is just about done getting the bugs out. Car is about to look even better very soon. I am having a custom fiberglass center console made and re doing the door panels to add some much needed updates be more current and fresh. I will br changing the color scheme with the doors and center one off console.

So there was an event in houston? I thought you were renting the track by yourself....

Come to find out, The track had already been rented and I was invited to go.

Looks like I'll be back there again the 18th