removing power window motor

84gnct

My driver's side window is stuck down, pulled the switch and checked voltage to the motor. It is the motor, how do I get the F@(#)@! thing out??

Does the window have to be up? I figure it probably soes since it is stuck down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is supposed to rain in a little bit.

Thanks.

You need to remove the glass to remove the motor. There are three 10mm nuts that hold the glass to the regulator. Once the glass is out there are three rivits holding the motor in place. They need to be drilled out.

Pete

i gotta do my pw motors too.
what a PITA this looks like!

can you remove that (inner?) piece of door metal (the one that the motor is riveted to) to make this any easier?
looks like a nightmare having to work on/replace the motor inbetween everything like that, its in such a tight spot.

Got it thaks

door panel does not tremove.

Remove 3 10mm nuts holding the glass to the regulator
remove 2 10mm nuts holding the track by the arm rest
drill out the 4 rivets.

get the glass up out of your way and finagle the regulator through the opening in the door.

Its a pain but once you do one it gets alot easier. Just watch out for the wire harness.

Pete

Out and replaced. Took about an hour of actual work. I drilled out the rivets.

Thanks for the help.

Window works so much better that I am going to replace the passenger side next week.