removing power seat???

87buickregal

This is the first time I've ever removed seats from a car. I removed the passenger seat fine (a manual seat), but the driver's seat is a power seat, and it has two bolts near the middle of the seat underneath which are impossible to get a wrench on. Is there some other trick to getting this seat out? Does it slide off the track or something? It's a really nice GN seat, and I can't get the damn thing out of the car (a parts car) to use. Anybody? Help.

Should be able to get a wrench or socket on the nuts to remove them. No extra problem taking a seat out because it's power. Just unbolt it from the floor, tracks and all.

There are only 4 bolts, Just slide the seat all the way forward to get the rear bolts, then slide the seat all the way back to get the front bolts. Very easy, just unplug your wireing harness before you pull the seat to far out!:D

right, that's how I got the passenger seats out. Four bolts, two front and two rear. I took out the four bolts on the corners off, and tried to take it out, but it wouldn't budge. Then I looked underneath, and there are two more bolts in the middle of the seat almost directly under the sides of the seat. Freakn' ridiculous! I can't see how to get anything on it. Has anyone else run into this? I would think that the four bolts would be enough to hold the seat down. What a PITA!

I just checked a power seat seat up(minus the seat) that I have in the basement and there is only the four holes on the corners of the frame. Your seat mounts could be rusted and slightly fused to the floor plan. Not uncommon in something like that. Did you move the seat pretty firmly? Just like sometimes a rim will not come off the axle without some exsessive force.

I am no expert, but I I doubt there would be any differences in them. I could be wrong though. Let us know what you find out! Thanks,
Matthew