Removing ECM Help!

M

Maxxod73

Hi Everyone :) I want to remove the ECM, CCC DualJet and CC HEI distributor. Im adding a Edelbrock #1406 600cfm elec. choke 4 barrel carb. and a Edelbrock #5486 non EGR intake manifold. Open element Air Cleaner.
Non CCC HEI distributor....what year should I look for in the bone yard....I dont feel like paying $300.00 for a new one, and would like to do this as cheaply as possible. Does anyone sell remans?
Will the Edelbrock reccomended FelPro #1200 intake gasket block the EGR ports? What type of problems am I creating for myself removing the EGR, beside emissions related. I will also be removing the air pump for the cat.
Will removing the ECM affect the A/C controls? If so, is there a way around this?
I also have the TH200C.....yeah I know.....YEEEECH...LOL:(
How can I control TC lock up without the ECM. Or can I leave the TC lockup control unhooked? I am worried that this will build up enough heat to destroy the already fragile trans, but I have to leave this one in until my TH350 is done being built and I need it to be able to handle 2 60mile + trips to work a day, mostly highway driving.
Is there anything else I am not condsidering?
KarParts $300.00 Rebuilt E4ME Rochester DualJets have driven me to this...... I have replace 3 in the last 2 weeks....for defective rebuilding and have had enough!!! KarParts will only give me a store credit, so I am making them get me the Edelbrock stuff.
Thanks for any help.......

Hey Freddie, I really like your web page, cant wait to see it when its completed. Maybe you could throw up a few DesktopDyno N/A Buick V6 combos and post the results.......just an idea

Using the current mods the Desktop Dyno shows 180 HP. If I enter my headers, (which I have'nt installed yet), the dyno shoots up to 250 HP. :eek:

Not bad huh? :rolleyes:

Anyway, Pre-EST HEI distributors from Buick, Olds, Pontiac 231 V-6's will do up until 1980. I got one from a Chevy V-6, but to make it work it took some modifications. So don't use one from a Chev unless you know how to do this.

I don't really know much about the TH200C, but B&M sells a kit for it and the THM-350C computer controlled cars with lock-up converters. B&M Kit #80217 for both the TH200C and all 350C's up until 1989. Summit's online site sells it for $47.39.

http://www.bmracing.com/noflash/products/trans_prod/powerswitch.html

Go on ahead and disconnect the ECM but KEEP IT! Also, don't loose the Duel-Jet. Keep it you never know when you might change your mind.... :D