Removed heater box...now what

daviss

I removed my heater box and AC. It's not a true GN or T so I'm not worried about ruining a car. What can I do with all the wires that serve the heat/AC system? Can I cut that whole harness that comes out of the firewall by the heater box? Really just trying to eliminate some clutter and I've never used the heat or AC in the five years I've owned the car. I also noticed that the harness bundle that was routed along the heater box is now too short to route along the firewall. Any suggestions as to where to route the wires?

Any help is appreciated
Steve

If I figure it out I'll let you know. Looks like I'm on my own on this one.

Steve

AC/Heater removal

Gotta get a wire stretcher kind of like the pipe stretcher we used on drilling rigs when straightning out drill pipe. Actually Dwayne on a post up above can probably help his wire relocation is pretty clean.

Attachments

• DSC05971%20%28Medium%29.JPG
    DSC05971%20%28Medium%29.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 129
I would see if you can pull the wires thru the fire wall and then zip tie them up so they are out of sight out of mind. That way if you ever decide to reinstall the heater/ac you can. Or if you ever sell the car the new owner will not be so reluctant in getting you to lower the price to fix something to his tastes. Been there done that.